The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 minute ago, Patient #48273 said:

I'm well aware it was a joke, he's been doing a lot of that with things like that lately.  But I mean, the logic it would take to get to that point is just so ridiculous, I can't help but point out how flawed it is even when it's clear its not serious.

18 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

Mike, how is anything I've said there not true? My prediction is predicated on facts. If fact, I wouldn't be surprised at some point you do eat banana.

Of course at some point I do eat bananas.  But the fallacy is assuming that the two pieces of evidence I placed before that were indicative that I would at some point eat a banana.  Beyond that, I know you're not serious, so you can cut the crap.  No one would be dumb enough to drop Travis as the drummer from their band.

If Travis gets too old and can't play anymore. Do you think Mark won't give him the boot? Also, of course you will eat a banana. You ate an apple, an orange, you love fruit. Pretty safe to say that you will eat a banana just like Mark will kick Travis out once his arms start to give out.

Just now, _Kyle_ said:

If Travis gets too old and can't play anymore. Do you think Mark won't give him the boot? Also, of course you will eat a banana. You ate an apple, an orange, you love fruit. Pretty safe to say that you will eat a banana just like Mark will kick Travis out once his arms start to give out.

Why are you engaging this?  I know you don't believe what you're saying about kicking Travis out. 

But if you really wanna dissect this, then I'll continue fleshing out what I thought was a very clear point.  If I eat an apple and an orange, that doesn't mean I love all fruit, therefore to assume that because I ate those fruit that I'll also eat a banana is making an assumption based on a perceived pattern that actually has no real correlation to the point being made.  Just as just because Mark was part of the force kicking out both Scott and Tom does not mean that the same will happen to Travis. 

2 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

Travis has been through a lot and I think it's pretty clear that some of his work on this album is pretty uninspired compared to his previous efforts. I don't think it'll happen yet but Marks proven in the past that there is no room for sentiment in Blink - if a better option comes along he will be gone.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Why are you engaging this?  I know you don't believe what you're saying about kicking Travis out. 

But if you really wanna dissect this, then I'll continue fleshing out what I thought was a very clear point.  If I eat an apple and an orange, that doesn't mean I love all fruit, therefore to assume that because I ate those fruit that I'll also eat a banana is making an assumption based on a perceived pattern that actually has no real correlation to the point being made.  Just as just because Mark was part of the force kicking out both Scott and Tom does not mean that the same will happen to Travis. 

I would say that's rather naïve of you. Like I love Travis, but we know how Mark is. He doesn't like dead weight and eventually Travis will be only a shell of man of what he used to be. In fact, I'm sure this is why he's still talking to Tom. He knows his days are numbered just like Tom, who could barely play First Date anymore. Dude had back surgery after back surgery to keep up with Mark's strenuous touring regiment and it nearly killed him. I'm surprised Tom can still stand.

I knew you would eat the banana, because they are what you eat when you eat fruits like apples and oranges. It's pretty simple.

Just now, _Kyle_ said:

I would say that's rather naïve f you. Like I love Travis, but we know how Mark is. He doesn't like dead weight and eventually Travis will be only a shell of man of what he used to be. In fact, I'm sure this is why he's still talking to Tom. He knows his days are numbered just like Tom, who could barely play First Date anymore. Dude had back surgery after back surgery to keep up with Mark's strenuous touring regiment and it nearly killed him. I'm surprised Tom can still stand.

I knew you would eat the banana, because they are what you eat when you eat fruits like apples and oranges. It's pretty simple.

See the fact that you're failing to grasp a very simple concept for an analogy just shows how obviously you're trolling right now.  I know you and have seen the type of shit you've been posting recently, not sure why you're trying to stir the pot, but whatevez, to each their own I assume.  But I think we all know, it will be a cold day in hell before Mark kicks Travis out.

On 7/5/2016 at 5:25 AM, Magnious said:

No, mark always liked the adventure, it was the rest of the album he didn't like.

"The verses in the first single were cool, but everything just fell apart after that. The rest of the songs on the album seemed long and repetitious." - Mark Hoppus
http://www.b182.com/askmark1.html

Tom also used some unused Blink 182 material on the album.

"During the long hours of downtime on tour, we would go in there and lay down ideas for the next blink-182 album. There were some cool songs started in those dressing rooms. After Tom quit, our old manager called and said that he was going to take some of the ideas that we had started on the tour and rerecord them for Tom’s new band. When the Angels and Airwaves record came out, I was actually excited to hear what had become of those ideas. There were some great beginnings in those demos. I was really disappointed in what became of them, though, for the same reasons I mentioned above. I thought they would have made great blink-182 songs, but something got lost in the translation."

This interview is AMAZING. I just read the whole thing and...wow, it's so raw and honest

3 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

You're right. I don't get why he's being so stubborn. Maybe he should have a banana?

No, actually I don't eat bananas, despite the fact that I eat apples and oranges.  I know logically, you'd think because of those two things that I eat, that I must eat bananas, I guess I'm just some sort of anomaly that shouldn't possibly exist.

But you admitted that you will at some point eat a banana right? Just like at some point Travis will be booted so Mark can get a more healthy drummer. Do you think Blink 182 would work without a drummer? A hologram maybe. But I don't consider those official members of bands anyway