The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

23 hours ago, jordidanen95 said:

mark will never kick travis out.....you guys act like people can't drum past 48 or whatever...

like i said, mark and travis are way too close.....it won't be happening..ever

i do hope they''ll stop blink182 around the age of 55...

Ok seriously though, why should they stop when they are 55? Paul Mccartney is 74 years old and he fill baseball stadiums. Yeah, I know he's Paul Mccartney, but who gives a shit their age if they can still do it?

24 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Have offspring sold more than blink?

I would say is almost the same. I know that Smash sold a bit more than Enema, and they have ten studio albums (most of them pretty successful, especially Americana). So I guess is more or less the same.

34 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Ok seriously though, why should they stop when they are 55? Paul Mccartney is 74 years old and he fill baseball stadiums. Yeah, I know he's Paul Mccartney, but who gives a shit their age if they can still do it?

cause it will get weird with thekind of music blink makes, but it could work...i mean they will sound very different in 2026

We always bitch about how tom changed, but mark also really changed.

Mark really cooled the fuck down these days. and his facial expressions are a bit more bitter/serious....sometimes it even looks like he's sad when he's staring or thinking.

the funny thing is....he started acting different for the first time during the Untitled Era, just like tom...

also, travis looks really shy and ''cute'' in this vid, but by the time Untitled came around there were drugs/guns around and stuff

It's funny how their personalities changed during the same era that their music changed big time

5 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Talk about reading into things way too much. They got older. Do you act exactly the same as you did 15 years ago?

I do still eat peunutbutter with a little spoon..so in a way yeah. 

no but i find it interesting how a lot of shit happened during that beautiful era

2 hours ago, Scott. said:

Have offspring sold more than blink?

Yes. Smash sold 6 million and Americana 5 million in the US alone. blink only had a record that came close to that (Enema Of The State has reached 4.5 million over there)...

Nonetheless, blink is the third best selling band of all-time (behind Green Day and The Offspring) when it comes to groups identified as punk (and its subgenres). Impressive.

9 minutes ago, decisions said:

Everything is fine except for the vocals really (although I'm not sure why you wouldn't put the drummer on a kit), hearing that overdone, fake, vibrato-heavy style is ear-wrenching for me...

This is the problem I have with the majority of pop-punk bands.  So many of them have god awful singers who sound very much like these guys.  Get rid of the awful vocals with many of these pop punk bands and you often have great instrumentation and catchy hooks.  But when your singer sounds like nails on a chalkboard and/or the lyrics are just utter garbage, you're left feeling like the band in question is just terrible.

• Like 2

Yeah, it sucks that most pop punk band today have a singer that sounds and looks like a total pussy. Killed the genre.

and if they aren't a pussy, then they are trying to be like metal-core pop punk which is really stupid too.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Yeah, it sucks that most pop punk band today have a singer that sounds and looks like a total pussy. Killed the genre.

and if they aren't a pussy, then they are trying to be like metal-core pop punk which is really stupid too.

Though I do like NFG, I think Jordan Pundik is probably the cause of this lol

6 minutes ago, Ghent said:

good thing we've got a tour coming up with opening bands who are all of the above!

• Like 3