The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

6 minutes ago, Barry said:

They replaced the vocals with some MIDI track? Why not just use spotify? Plus the name SAP has an implication.

What implication? I mean, it's like a sample for the song, you listen and decide if you want that song, then you buy it. It's a lot easier than just buying the album and hoping it's good.

Just now, _Kyle_ said:

What implication? I mean, it's like a sample for the song, you listen and decide if you want that song, then you buy it. It's a lot easier than just buying the album and hoping it's good.

To me it implies I'm a sap for coming to the site and looking for a legit song, but it turns out to be some MIDI cover version. It's like I got played. I can hear the real thing on spotify, youtube, or countless other sites and decide if the album is worth buying through that. Perhaps I expected something different. SAP seems pointless to me.

19 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

didn they like die in a plane crash in the 70's? basically a cover band now.

The lead singer died, but his brother took his spot and sounds pretty good. I wouldn't say it's a cover band at all. He's been singing in his place since the 80s..

18 minutes ago, Barry said:

Lynyrd Skynrd has like two songs and they are both terrible. You couldn't pay me to see that band.

I mean i'm no hardcore Skynyrd fan, but that's just a stupid remark. They have a lot of good songs. I'm guessing you think Sweet Home Alabama and Free Bird are the only two?

They're no Father John Misty though, that's for sure.

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

The lead singer died, but his brother took his spot and sounds pretty good. I wouldn't say it's a cover band at all. He's been singing in his place since the 80s..

I mean i'm no hardcore Skynyrd fan, but that's just a stupid remark. They have a lot of good songs. I'm guessing you think Sweet Home Alabama and Free Bird are the only two?

They're no Father John Misty though, that's for sure.

Pretty much. From what little I've heard, I don't care for it. They seem like a hick band for pseudo "country boys".

Just now, Barry said:

Pretty much. From what little I've heard, I don't care for it. They seem like a hick band for pseudo "country boys".

lol a rock band from the 60s really warrants this kind of social dissection?

you're thinking way too much about Lynyrd Skynyrd in your free time pal

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

lol a rock band from the 60s really warrants this kind of social dissection?

you're thinking way too much about Lynyrd Skynyrd in your free time pal

I only think about them when I hear the same two songs played at every party I've been to.

I've never been a LS fan. Freedbird is awful and it was actually my class song. I think it was a good representation of us though.

28 minutes ago, Barry said:

To me it implies I'm a sap for coming to the site and looking for a legit song, but it turns out to be some MIDI cover version. It's like I got played. I can hear the real thing on spotify, youtube, or countless other sites and decide if the album is worth buying through that. Perhaps I expected something different. SAP seems pointless to me.

SAP is a revolutionary way to hear a song and decide if you want that song. It's quite simple so maybe that's why it's throwing you for a loop. You're too used to the old fashioned way of downloading and consuming music. This compresses the song to the essential elements so you can digest it easily and freely. Then if you like what you hear, you can go buy the album. It helps you, it helps the artist, it helps the world.

4 minutes ago, Ghent said:

What kind of party plays Lynyrd Skynyrd? i wanna go!

Any one in a rural area. Your mileage may vary.

2 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

I've never been a LS fan. Freedbird is awful and it was actually my class song. I think it was a good representation of us though.

SAP is a revolutionary way to hear a song and decide if you want that song. It's quite simple so maybe that's why it's throwing you for a loop. You're too used the old fashioned way of downloading music. This compresses the song to the essential elements so you can digest it easily and freely. Then if you like what you hear, you can go buy the album. It helps you, it helps the artist, it helps the world.

I can't tell if your kidding with that selling point or if you're a legit shill. I'll assume the former. You don't have any financial stake in SAP, do you?

@Barry

I'd argue we all do. No I don't financially benefit from SAP. But as a music fan and lover of freedom and creativity for the listener and the artist. I think we all have a stake in SAP. It's hilarious to me that people don't get this very simple concept. But I remind myself I was once skeptical myself. Thankfully all of that changed when I heard the truth. SAP is the truth.