The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

8 minutes ago, Geronimoji said:

How exactly does hair clean itself?

I think it starts to clean itself with natural oils or something like that. Not sure if it's true or if it's one of those myths like when everyone in school would say Marylin Manson had his ribs taken out so he could suck his own dick. Two of life's biggest mysteries.

• Like 1

I think it's that washing your hair strips it of its natural oils and so more oil is produced to compensate. Initially, after you go a day or two without watching, it gets greasy as fuck, but once your scalp "gets used to" not being shampooed so often, it produces less oil, so you can go longer between washes without it seeming oily. But no, the natural oils don't wash your hair.

22 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

I think it's that washing your hair strips it of its natural oils and so more oil is produced to compensate. Initially, after you go a day or two without watching, it gets greasy as fuck, but once your scalp "gets used to" not being shampooed so often, it produces less oil, so you can go longer between washes without it seeming oily. But no, the natural oils don't wash your hair.

This is 100% correct. Thank god someone gets it.

I'm the gross woman of the board who only showers like 2 or 3 times a week, wash my hair each of those times. Wales is cold, I don't sweat much, and my hair never feels greasy. my hair is oddly fucking nice, actually. drives my girl up the wall. She takes way more care of hers but it's also a lot more damaged than mine. Even my hairdresser comments on how nice my hair is. Maximum output, minimum effort. it's my life motto ;) 

8 hours ago, Dylan_ said:

I always heard that if you don't wash your hair for like a month then it starts to clean itself naturally. Not sure how true that is or not but I did once travel for a few months and never washed my hair and it seemed really clean.

Yeah. They say that the hair just "balances" itself with, yeah, natural oils. In essence, what we do when cleaning skin and hair is remove all the natural oils we have and all the natural protection. Sometimes, that ends up with our own body creating more oil. Supposedlyt, if you stop washing your hair with shampoo (maybe only using water) it tends to balance itself, and look much better. That's what they say, but I don't have he patience, because you have to pass throuogh a very rough oily time, at least me due to my kind of skin. And I just can't stand that feeling.

Anyway, if in the weather I live, specially in sring-summer-autumn, I didn't shower every day, it would be a total disgrace.

Every time I come in here we're talking about anything other than blink. Next week we'll be talking about how often you water an orchid. Pm me if anyone knows btw because mine is fucking pissing me off. One minute she's soaking the next she's dry as a nun's vag. I can't work the bastard out and she keeps dying on me.   

1 minute ago, Scott. said:

Every time I come in here we're talking about anything other than blink. Next week we'll be talking about how often you water an orchid. Pm me if anyone knows btw because mine is fucking pissing me off. One minute she's soaking the next she's dry as a nun's vag. I can't work the bastard out and she keeps dying on me.   

Glorious haha

besides the tour there seems very little to discuss with blink. I mean, apparently we're getting SOOHM as the new single but either that tour video is already the music video for it, or we won't get one 'til way later (like bored to death) or we'll just have one of different live footage.

apart from that, there's nowt to discuss.

I did listen to California on the way into work today, though. first time since July. I still skipped SOOHM and Teenage Satellites but I actually roughed it through Sober. still dislike it, though.

the biggest issue I noticed this time around is all the songs bled together to the point where I couldn't tell some of them apart. I also forgot rabbit hole existed... 

42 minutes ago, GrimCityGirl said:

the biggest issue I noticed this time around is all the songs bled together to the point where I couldn't tell some of them apart. I also forgot rabbit hole existed... 

two big points you made right here that i agree with 100%. the first time i ever heard california in full, it was hard to determine which song was which, especially beginning around KOTW, because they just... all sound the same. moreover, you're right on the money that rabbit hole turned out to be a really forgettable song (like much of california will be in the future IMO)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boxelder said:

two big points you made right here that i agree with 100%. the first time i ever heard california in full, it was hard to determine which song was which, especially beginning around KOTW, because they just... all sound the same. moreover, you're right on the money that rabbit hole turned out to be a really forgettable song (like much of california will be in the future IMO)

the silly thing is, by itself, I actually like Rabbit Hole. its so stupid that I don't mind it. I like the chorus. theres a few songs where, totally by themselves, I quite like them. but if you listen to the record as a whole its a long, samey mess. 

2 hours ago, Scott. said:

I feel ya, man. My mother has some orchids and they can drive you mental.

Edit: I mean, every time I see them, they're like mutants, in different shape. On th verge of death. EVERY SIMGLE TIME.

• Like 1