The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

10 hours ago, boxelder said:

question about the wishing well video: when did that come out and how again?? i was around during that time, it seems like i remember blink uploading it to their own youtube, or maybe it was on haven's page. either way, the only clip on youtube of the song now is this low-res version with 3m views. where did the original go?

I remember that Haven asked people on twitter to make the hashtag #blink182 trending worldwide so he would have published the video online on his page, but not on youtube. He didn't have the rights to upload it there because the video contained all those shots filmed for the blinkumentary but a couple of weeks later they found a way to put it on youtube, in that very low resolution. 
The one he uploaded on his page was in high resolution.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Elisa said:

I remember that Haven asked people on twitter to make the hashtag #blink182 trending worldwide so he would have published the video online on his page, but not on youtube. He didn't have the rights to upload it there because the video contained all those shots filmed for the blinkumentary but a couple of weeks later they found a way to put it on youtube, in that very low resolution. 
The one he uploaded on his page was in high resolution.

weird that a guy that followed the band around for 2 years wasn't able to upload it to their vevo page or something.

never seen that after midnight clip either.  it's crazy: the reunion still feels very recent, but they look significantly younger in those videos. that mark interview where he's in the red and blue famous shirt, that must've been filmed in 2009. he looks way younger. little weird how so much time has passed since then, and how little time it took between the initial breakup and the reunion. 

the blinkumentary totally didn't happen because it showed how disjointed the relationship was, I firmly believe that. you can't be like "check out this awesomeness of blink behind the scenes!" and its them not talking to each other or getting along, it just doesn't go with the image they're always trying to sell.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GrimCityGirl said:

the blinkumentary totally didn't happen because it showed how disjointed the relationship was, I firmly believe that. you can't be like "check out this awesomeness of blink behind the scenes!" and its them not talking to each other or getting along, it just doesn't go with the image they're always trying to sell.

Yeah, 100%. I think that footage showed how fake the whole situation was.

44 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Why would that vid make you miss tom? It's a complete act on his part. He's acting. 

He sings like shit and can barely play the guitar, his guitar sounds like it has aids and he's a fucking freak. 

it was the silly balloon tossing back and forth and his running about on stage, that was all. 

Man - I remember when they were talking about their stage set up as being one of the best ones out there ("The same engineers as Kanye West's!, etc.) - and I didn't think much of it at the time. 

I honestly look back on it as being one of the most memorable stage set ups I've ever seen, and really miss the fun that 2009 tour was. What a fucking great tour that was. 

11 hours ago, GrimCityGirl said:

Exactly. I bet it had ZERO outside footage of them together off stage. While on tour they pry only saw each other at soundcheck and meet and greets and that was it. Regardless i'd still want to see the damn thing.

2 hours ago, Scott. said:

Why would that vid make you miss tom? It's a complete act on his part. He's acting. 

He sings like shit and can barely play the guitar, his guitar sounds like it has aids and he's a fucking freak. 

LMAO love that part. Nice work Scott.

• Like 1