Jump to content
 

The blink 182 general discussion topic


Recommended Posts

On 4/28/2017 at 11:48 AM, uuhhmmaazziinngg said:

I have to apologize to you guys. But Tom's "Circle-Jerk Pit" came on earlier and I was INTO IT! I still believe Tom can write some great tunes as long as he keeps his guitar in hand and goes easy on the delay pedal... his live singing is another story, but when I've been in crowd at a show, I'm not thinking about his singing, I'm about the moment and his personality (for me) adds to that. I still hope for an Enema 20th anniversary show/tour in 2019...

They'll probably cash in on the 20th anniversary but I wouldn't go if Matt is still singing. Wouldn't seem right. I agree about CJP, I think it's just as good as anything on Cali, but that's not saying much really.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 82.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Ghent

    4970

  • Donald Trump's Bulge

    3424

  • M!ke

    3128

  • Chewy030

    3127

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally got this painted up, I think it turned out pretty nice!  

holy fuck I'm shaking.  Producer calls me at 12:15 says he'll be calling back in about an hour.   Called at 1255 and it was Mark pretending to be the producer, I mentioned  how blink-182online wa

I’ve been dabbling in wood carving the last few months. This ones not done, but thought I would share

Posted Images

Can someone find the the full clip of the song in this 10 second intro. The beginning is cut off. I havent heard it in years. I heard it on some other random blink vid with Down music video clips in background. Must be from Cheetah vids or something from 03

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Can someone find the the full clip of the song in this 10 second intro. The beginning is cut off. I havent heard it in years. I heard it on some other random blink vid with Down music video clips in background. Must be from Cheetah vids or something from 03

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Boring.........Alright said:

Just came across this. Anyone agree with this ranking? Only ones I agree with are #7 and #3 and interesting take for sure

 

I for sure wouldn't have TOYPJ first was surprised by that....

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Boring.........Alright said:

Just came across this. Anyone agree with this ranking? Only ones I agree with are #7 and #3 and interesting take for sure

 

Ehh.  Don't know who the fuck this guy is, looks like a typical parents basement you tuber, but don't hate his assessment.  I've actually had TOYPAJ at my top at times.. 

 

#7: California

#6: Chesire

#5: Neighborhoods

#2c: Enema

#2b: TOYPAJ

#2a: Dude Ranch

#1: Self Titled

 

Really tough to rank..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well.....4 songs are out from the deluxe and i have no interest in hearing them again.....At this point i'm actually way more stoked for the new Paramore/Katy Perry/All Time Low releases. And i never thought i would say that.

I hope there are some good songs on the deluxe. I liked the 4 songs for a brief moment and then i realized its garbage. My dick really gets soft thinking about Cali Deluxe now.

Atleast All time Low and paramore are changing their sound and doing something cool that sounds genuine and not forced. 

I'm just starting to get angry at blink. Cause i know there is actual potential in these guys...somewhere

If it weren't for the ''blink'' name/brand. I would never play those songs again actually....While i have a huge Self-titled painting on the wall and also the smiley tattoo on my leg. It sucks to see the band you love going for a direction you don't want them to go.

And its not just the lyrical content or songs itself...but also that guitar sound....Nothing feels right now. Cali Deluxe makes Cali sound amazing. It's all very smooth production but everything on Deluxe sounds 2x more compressed and chaotic with music parts that don't breathe.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, jordidanen95 said:

Well.....4 songs are out from the deluxe and i have no interest in hearing them again.....At this point i'm actually way more stoked for the new Paramore/Katy Perry/All Time Low releases. And i never thought i would say that.

I hope there are some good songs on the deluxe. I liked the 4 songs for a brief moment and then i realized its garbage. My dick really gets soft thinking about Cali Deluxe now.

Atleast All time Low and paramore are changing their sound and doing something cool that sounds genuine and not forced. 

I'm just starting to get angry at blink. Cause i know there is actual potential in these guys...somewhere

If it weren't for the ''blink'' name/brand. I would never play those songs again actually....While i have a huge Self-titled painting on the wall and also the smiley tattoo on my leg. It sucks to see the band you love going for a direction you don't want them to go.

And its not just the lyrical content or songs itself...but also that guitar sound....Nothing feels right now. Cali Deluxe makes Cali sound amazing. It's all very smooth production but everything on Deluxe sounds 2x more compressed and chaotic with music parts that don't breathe.

 

5 if you include Hey I'm Sorry so we've pretty much heard half the album at this point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2017 at 1:34 AM, MattSkibbasuxatguitar said:

Ehh.  Don't know who the fuck this guy is, looks like a typical parents basement you tuber, but don't hate his assessment.  I've actually had TOYPAJ at my top at times.. 

He's actually a really great reviewer that analyzes *just* the right amount. He's not as cranky or picky as some other reviewers, so I like his videos.

Also, I respect the love for Neighborhoods. Aside from like the top 2, it's difficult for me to rank the albums. I've listened to Neighborhoods more than any blink album lately though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw that review recently and that guys an idiot. As soon as I saw Take off #1 that's all I needed to know. Then Neighborhoods #3 laughable!! 

Let me guess, his Metallica top 3 is:

3. Death Magnetic

2. Master of Puppets

1. Load

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

So what happened to Rick Devoe their old manager? Whens the last time he was around with any of the members? 

Didn't Tom fire him as his personal manager after he sent the Tom. Is. Out. email before Musink? I remember Devoe posted a picture soon after shit hit the fan of him with blink from the old days. In his tweet he was wallowing in the past when things were simpler... or some shit like that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

Didn't Tom fire him as his personal manager after he sent the Tom. Is. Out. email before Musink? I remember Devoe posted a picture soon after shit hit the fan of him with blink from the old days. In his tweet he was wallowing in the past when things were simpler... or some shit like that. 

It wasn't rick devoe, it was Chris Georggin that sent that email. I don't think rick devoe was really involved with the band that much after the reunion. Chris worked for ricks management company and he was Tom's manager. So that group was gone anyways since Tom was gone, but Tom fired Chris as far as I know so they really are completely out of blink/AVA world now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

but I think Chris is still friend with Tom because when I was looking through his instagram pictures the other day, he was in a picture with him that time he went hunting for Bigfoot a few months ago

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • _Kyle_ pinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...