Jump to content
 
Ari

The blink 182 general discussion topic

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, vic vinegar said:

I shouldn't be surprised. I really shouldn't. But the transparency here... It's like when Tod Phillips made the Hangover sequel exactly the same as the first film as an experiment and perfectly timed the trailer to mimic the first Hangover trailer in terms of comedic beats to see if he could sell the same product to the public twice as a sick inside joke while pocketing our money in the process. It worked.

To be fair I quite enjoyed Hangover 2 and think it's just as good if not better than the original. Part 3 on the other hand...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boring.........Alright said:

To be fair I quite enjoyed Hangover 2 and think it's just as good if not better than the original. Part 3 on the other hand...

What!?

Part 2 was mediocre and part 3 was complete shit, I agree with that.

Part 1 was golden on the other hand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Blink 18Feldmann said:

Ghent has no backbone.  Just take uninspired rushed generic pop punk trash and Co writers right up the rear as long as it's under the name Blink 182.

That's why Mark and Travis kept the name Blink - a lot of fans will like everything released under that name.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blink 18Feldmann said:

Serious?  

 

Interesting..

He's not on record I don't think saying that but I've heard some interesting things back in the day at school.

1 hour ago, Boring.........Alright said:

To be fair I quite enjoyed Hangover 2 and think it's just as good if not better than the original. Part 3 on the other hand...

I'm not going to argue the merit of the supposed experiment. Just that the results were the same, both in trailer and movie beats, it was the same exact formula. Possibly purposefully. And to be fair, almost every Hollywood sequel does that anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Osgod said:

What!?

Part 2 was mediocre and part 3 was complete shit, I agree with that.

Part 1 was golden on the other hand. 

I just think 2 was a carbon copy of 1 but it was done better. I love the original as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

He's not on record I don't think saying that but I've heard some interesting things back in the day at school.

I'm not going to argue the merit of the supposed experiment. Just that the results were the same, both in trailer and movie beats, it was the same exact formula. Possibly purposefully. And to be fair, almost every Hollywood sequel does that anyways.

Without a doubt it was on purpose. Capitalizing on previous success without any innovation. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't either way it can't be done forever without some backlash.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Blink 18Feldmann said:

Since when did Travis start to suck.  I didn't realize that was actually him.  Just went back and listened to Goldfingers old stuff, significantly better drumming.

Travis is a great drummer ... when he isn't being overly flashy. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. Travis has always been like this though, whether or not you guys have caught on before now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, Goldfinger sucks just as much now as it ever did. I'm not sure what you tit-ninnies are bitching about. Shit band came out with a shit record ... whoopdie doo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Travis is a great drummer ... when he isn't being overly flashy. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. Travis has always been like this though, whether or not you guys have caught on before now.

The tone wasn't thick and obnoxious in your face the entire song, every song, though.  He never used to do this triple time near double bass pedal stuff every song, he used to have interesting fills and beats.  Yes he's always been over the top, but he fit it in perfectly before, go listen to Stockholm Syndrome, the drumming is literally perfect.  But now he keeps repeating the same beat as Parking Lot, sounds like shit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Champ182 said:

Feldmann is the only official member, he recorded with Mike Herrera from MXPX, Philip Sneed from Story Of The Year, and Travis. The former members are telling people not to support it haha.

Looks like Darrin (the drummer for the entire run up until now) is very open about things on Twitter, daaamn

 

That doesn't seem like he's super open about it. "Ego" and "Insanity" is pretty substandard information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Ghent said:

My thoughts- of course the new Goldfinger sounds a bit like new blink, 2 out of the 4 people who wrote new blink wrote and recorded the song. It's also the same genre of music.

The Goldfinger band member situation does seem sketchy, but I would have to understand their back story better before I judged. Butt hurt ex-band members are pretty common.

I don't know why anyone is jumping on Ghent for this, it's a perfectly reasonable statement to make. we don't know the back story so yeah, it's hard to judge. I mean, if you're of the perception that Feldmann is a soulless wacko then sure it might confirm that suspicion a bit more but it's not exactly grounded in anything, just some butt hurt ex band member, happens all the time. 

I personally think it sounds a lot like new blink but this is actually a totally sensible statement for ghent to make, no need to give him crap for it. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Kay said:

I don't know why anyone is jumping on Ghent for this, it's a perfectly reasonable statement to make. we don't know the back story so yeah, it's hard to judge. I mean, if you're of the perception that Feldmann is a soulless wacko then sure it might confirm that suspicion a bit more but it's not exactly grounded in anything, just some butt hurt ex band member, happens all the time. 

I personally think it sounds a lot like new blink but this is actually a totally sensible statement for ghent to make, no need to give him crap for it. 

#teamfeldybot #justkidding

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kay said:

I don't know why anyone is jumping on Ghent for this, it's a perfectly reasonable statement to make. we don't know the back story so yeah, it's hard to judge. I mean, if you're of the perception that Feldmann is a soulless wacko then sure it might confirm that suspicion a bit more but it's not exactly grounded in anything, just some butt hurt ex band member, happens all the time. 

I personally think it sounds a lot like new blink but this is actually a totally sensible statement for ghent to make, no need to give him crap for it. 

I think it just confirmed what we already knew. It's like saying Axl Rose is the good guy and that every member of GNR was making shit up about him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, _Kyle_ said:

I think it just confirmed what we already knew. It's like saying Axl Rose is the good guy and that every member of GNR was making shit up about him.

Well no not really, we have no reason to believe anything from Goldfingers history, or Feldmann as a person or really as a musician. We have a perspective based on his work as a producer and a songwriter, not as a human being. We may not like him for interfering in blink and coming across a little wacko but that in no way tells us he was an insane egomaniac to work with in a band. thats grasping at straws a little.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kay said:

Well no not really, we have no reason to believe anything from Goldfingers history, or Feldmann as a person or really as a musician. We have a perspective based on his work as a producer and a songwriter, not as a human being. We may not like him for interfering in blink and coming across a little wacko but that in no way tells us he was an insane egomaniac to work with in a band. thats grasping at straws a little.

Huh?

...the basis is that people are saying it are people who have known him for decades and it matches up to his reputation that was slowly built after we read countless interviews where he displays such persona? How is that not legit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

Huh?

...the basis is that people are saying it are people who have known him for decades and it matches up to his reputation that was slowly built after we read countless interviews where he displays such persona? How is that not legit?

the people saying it are ex band members who are probably salty for various reasons. that doesn't validate this idea that he is definitely like anything, it could be that said drummers a total dick, we don't really know anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kay said:

the people saying it are ex band members who are probably salty for various reasons. that doesn't validate this idea that he is definitely like anything, it could be that said drummers a total dick, we don't really know anything.

then are Mark and Travis "salty bandmembers" when it comes to Tom? Failedmann's reputation precedes him. It's not only the drummer too who has said this, as others have (since 2009 I would say). Imagine if Tom replaced everybody in Blink and we wrote off what Travis said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kay said:

I don't know why anyone is jumping on Ghent for this, it's a perfectly reasonable statement to make. we don't know the back story so yeah, it's hard to judge. I mean, if you're of the perception that Feldmann is a soulless wacko then sure it might confirm that suspicion a bit more but it's not exactly grounded in anything, just some butt hurt ex band member, happens all the time. 

I personally think it sounds a lot like new blink but this is actually a totally sensible statement for ghent to make, no need to give him crap for it. 

Yeah, I was trying to be reasonable, but the hate here is too thick

I honestly know nothing about Goldfinger other than they had an awesome song on Tony Hawk and their lead singer produced blink...If his old bandmates hate him because he pulled a Tom Delonge or something, then that is sketchy as fuck and makes me question him. But at the same time, the band has been dead since like the 90s. Need more details to judge.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

then are Mark and Travis "salty bandmembers" when it comes to Tom? Failedmann's reputation precedes him. It's not only the drummer too who has said this, as others have (since 2009 I would say). Imagine if Tom replaced everybody in Blink and we wrote off what Travis said.

Who in particular? and yes, if you took Travis's quote of 'fuck that guy' about Tom all those years ago and knew little else about Tom as a musician and bandmate, you could argue he was just salty.

10 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Yeah, I was trying to be reasonable, but the hate here is too thick

I honestly know nothing about Goldfinger other than they had an awesome song on Tony Hawk and their lead singer produced blink...If his old bandmates hate him because he pulled a Tom Delonge or something, then that is sketchy as fuck and makes me question him. But at the same time, the band has been dead since like the 90s. Need more details to judge.

 

I liked a lot of their old singles but knew nothing about them as a band really, I'd also need more info to judge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...