The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 hour ago, boxelder said:

that's certainly very odd, guess he said fuck it after he threw the pick! lol

Or he didn't have time to pick a new one up before the part came in so he improvised. 

I forgot how embarassing it was for me to watch 2009 Blink clips when Tom came back and brought his AVA voice/stage antics with him. Just so brutal. I remember watching them live on some late night show and they played ATST for the first time and I just wanted +44 back...

2 hours ago, ryan1125 said:

I forgot how embarassing it was for me to watch 2009 Blink clips when Tom came back and brought his AVA voice/stage antics with him. Just so brutal. I remember watching them live on some late night show and they played ATST for the first time and I just wanted +44 back...

i stayed up late with my friends. it was jay leno. we had finals the next day. and we were all like what the fuck is wrong with his voice lol... i hadn't really paid attention to AVA before then

• Like 1

Yup that's it, I could never find a full version it was always that comparison video so thanks for that top one @Zoltan ! I remember people asking me what the hell happened to Tom? Here I am 8 years later having to answer that same damn question!

I actually like AVA, but I remember being pissed he brought all that crap back into Blink. I had some buddies who liked Blink but when these new performances started showing up they were done, citing Tom as being "too gay". 

1 hour ago, ryan1125 said:

Yup that's it, I could never find a full version it was always that comparison video so thanks for that top one @Zoltan ! I remember people asking me what the hell happened to Tom? Here I am 8 years later having to answer that same damn question!

I actually like AVA, but I remember being pissed he brought all that crap back into Blink. I had some buddies who liked Blink but when these new performances started showing up they were done, citing Tom as being "too gay". 

Well, good riddance..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zoltan said:

That comparison is depressing... haha. I remember thinking Tom sounded really weird in that 2009 one. But, compared to a lot of AVA performances, it was actually really good, so I was still pleased. I had set the bar real low for "good" Tom performances back then.

I'd still take Tom over Matt though, in a heartbeat, even if Matt is technically "better."

23 minutes ago, onlinesawngs said:

Neighborhoods (deluxe) is a thoroughly enjoyable album and much better than California, which is tremendously shitty. 

Look at sawngs go!

Not even on the double digits with post count and still managing to make some damn sense. 

Some of you other newbies could learn a thing or two.

• Like 1

i remember tom was called gay for his thin nasal voice back in the day. then his voice (and singing technique) changed, and it wasn't politically correct to call someone gay as a synonym of anything bad anymore, but they still called tom gay, because he sounded like he had a dick in his mouth.

tom might say he didn't change his voice intentionally, but it's a fact that his singing was "throat heavy" before the hiatus, then he started to avoid this technique. if he wanted, he could still sing in his old style.

(matt's voice change was different. he still uses the same singing technique as ever, his voice just isn't hoarse anymore. and he has a deeper voice by default, and in blink he usually tries to use a higher register to catch the "tom effect". in my opinion he should try to make it less high, but a bit more throaty.)