The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

42 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

Ghent's only defense is to make a condescending comment that literally adds nothing to the discussion. I have seen him contribute in other sections of the board but in the blink section all he does is hit and run, a quick jab, calls those who don't agree with new-blink old, jaded, spiteful fans. Or he calls us, gasp, Tombots--like he wasn't jamming out to Tom's music for years and years. Best to just ignore until he says something worthwhile beyond a snarky comment.

My policy with Vic Vinegar posts is to skim unless the comment is directed to me. Otherwise I know it will just be a paragraph pining for Tom with shades of self pity and a Feldmann/Skiba bash here and there. Yawn.

On 8/29/2017 at 2:12 PM, Ghent said:

My policy with Vic Vinegar posts is to skim unless the comment is directed to me. Otherwise I know it will just be a paragraph pining for Tom with shades of self pity and a Feldmann/Skiba bash here and there. Yawn.

Cool let's keep ignoring each other. Go watch Taylor Swift's new video instead of reading or responding to my posts.

And to be fair, I've done my fair share of criticizing of Tom on these boards.

Just now, Cheerios4u98 said:

That crowd is barely worse than the crowd at the last blink show I was at.

Maybe we're just getting older? I couldn't believe that opener had better moshing than blink did when I saw them last year. I remember thinking how weird it was seeing blink and for the first time not being in the pit...as soon as their set started and everyone just stood there I was suddenly ok not shelling out the extra money to just stand there stupidly. Again, maybe it's an age thing?

The crowd at my show just seemed really strange. Especially since it was the third time I've seen blink in the same area, so I'm sure it was a lot of the same people as the other blink shows I went to. It was definitely super weird to see the crowd being way more into A Day to Remember than blink-182.

I don't even pay attention to the crowds or give a fuck about them. When I'm at a Blink show I'm going nuts, I don't even look at people around me. If you're staring at people critiquing how lame they are that means your seats suck, or you and your friends are just as lame as the people you are making fun of. Go smash a Mike's Hard Lemonade and have some fun at the concert. You also can't judge crowds by cell phone YouTube videos, they can be very deceiving at times. I want to hear how the show was from the sweaties up front, not from the losers in the back who only know ATST and First Date.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Who the fucks drink Mike's Hard Lemonade?!

Disappointed in you Speedo, it was sarcasm...thought you of all people would be the first to realize that! 

Weekend is here boys, time to crack some Zimas... I'll check back Monday to see who misses Tom the most.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ryan1125 said:

I don't even pay attention to the crowds or give a fuck about them. When I'm at a Blink show I'm going nuts, I don't even look at people around me. If you're staring at people critiquing how lame they are that means your seats suck, or you and your friends are just as lame as the people you are making fun of. Go smash a Mike's Hard Lemonade and have some fun at the concert. You also can't judge crowds by cell phone YouTube videos, they can be very deceiving at times. I want to hear how the show was from the sweaties up front, not from the losers in the back who only know ATST and First Date.

Ok well I mosh at shows, and back in the day blink shows. Hard to do with no mosh pit to safely rage in. Then you're just an asshole running into people looking to get kicked out.

And yes...the video footage of no one moving is clearly a lie.

• Like 1

Yeah it's a buzzkill when you're in the pit and everyone's just standing still. Makes it harder to really get into the show. I'm not one to jump in the mosh pits anymore like I used to (mostly I just use them as an opportunity to move closer to the stage now) but I also don't just want to stand still the entire concert.

• Like 1