The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

3 hours ago, Zoltan said:

Mark hasn't mentioned Travis in 2 interviews in a row. Is Travis still officially in the band? Please someone confirm it. Someone said that Tom said at the book signing that Travis and him are best friends, so I'm sure Travis is with Tom now. Also Matt's new guitar is green, and it's more of an Alkaline Trio color, so I think he's writing for Trio now. Feldmann just posted an Insta story featuring a Scott Raynor-era blink poster. Does it mean Scott's back? I'm not saying it's true, but nothing else can be true. I mean, look at the band, they hardly confirm at times they exist.

I mean we're what, 3 years in now? (I'm not even entirely sure the exact time now because it's been so unmemorable), but Matt Skiba is still saying, to this day, that he doesn't know his place exactly in the band...

50 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

I mean we're what, 3 years in now? (I'm not even entirely sure the exact time now because it's been so unmemorable), but Matt Skiba is still saying, to this day, that he doesn't know his place exactly in the band...

We all know you just want to complain about Matt, and want Tom back. In one hand it is boring, and on the other hand it's far from reality.

I don't know what you expect from them at this point. Do you want them to send you an official statement about their status every time you fantasize of blink being broken up? Or when they're still not reuniting with Tom?

They announced it a few times that Matt is an official member. At the moment they are not actively working on an album, they are not on tour, they are old lazy bastards, so there are no news. Bands work like this these days. Why would it mean there's a change in the lineup?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nshesaid said:

When has matt in the last year said he doesn’t know his place?

"Hey guys, I find it odd that Matt is still shy when he's asked about blink. Does it mean he's not an official member?" No, it doesn't mean it. He's an official member of blink. Also, he's shy because he became the new co-frontman of a band with 20+ years of history, which isn't an easy situation, and he gets a lot of complain from idiots who think "Tom is better". Tom, who hasn't worked together with Mark and Travis in the past 14 years. Or did we forget it? (They hated each other on the 2004 tour, they broke up for 4-5 years, they toured for years, but they only spent time with each other when they were on stage, they recorded Neighborhoods separately, Tom recorded Dogs Eating Dogs on his own, etc.) The "Tom is better" and the "Tom is still a member" arguments are pointless. For him blink was just a side business since 2005.

26 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

We all know you just want to complain about Matt, and want Tom back. In one hand it is boring, and on the other hand it's far from reality.

I don't know what you expect from them at this point. Do you want them to send you an official statement about their status every time you fantasize of blink being broken up? Or when they're still not reuniting with Tom?

They announced it a few times that Matt is an official member. At the moment they are not actively working on an album, they are not on tour, they are old lazy bastards, so there are no news. Bands work like this these days. Why would it mean there's a change in the lineup?

Sorry if I struck a nerve, but I actually don't care about all that, I just would prefer less shitty music.  Skiba with Mark should be capable of that.

2 hours ago, Nshesaid said:

Sorry if I struck a nerve, but I actually don't care about all that, I just would prefer less shitty music.  Skiba with Mark should be capable of that.

But this discussion has no relevancy when nothing happens. It's like saying "I don't want Russia to colonize Mars", and bitching about it every other day... It's not even a plan (for blink to make shitty music; or for Russia to colonize Mars). So why is it so important to turn everything into this discussion? And even if it would be somehow interesting (and not just the replay of the past months), why does it always come from the negative point of view?

I bet Matt and Mark are capable to write great songs. Should I say "they need to hire Tom, because the current blink has lost it" just to emphasize my hopes that a new album will be good? Or should I talk about forgotten pieces of year-old interviews as if they happened today? All this talking is simple hostility. Today's kids are all about it, they haven't learned to be constructive, they're just criticizing everything to have their voice. A while ago most people on these boards looked more mature than this, now it's strange to me that this stupid trend rules everything here too.

..Because that literally is their plan.  Their plan is not 'lets get together and combine our creative minds to create something fresh & new.  We've built up high expectations from our careers, let's make sure we don't disappoint ourselves as innovative pop-punk artists.'

It's literally 'Hey boyz, John here..let's think of every way possible we can get you to fit in with the likes of 5SOS and modern day Fall Out Boy. They are raking it in, and huge on Instagram, no way Blink should be on the outside looking in on that.  Oh what's that Mark? You want to add Neckdeep and All Time Low to that too? Ok, you and Matt work on some parts for that, Matt please dye your hair and act younger, I'll come up with a repetitive chorus we can copy and paste onto each and every song so this will take less than a couple weeks away from your mansions...**Blink will be mine one day..the world will finally realize..Goldfinger was what they really wanted all along..** '

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Nshesaid said:

But the problem in that ecuation is not Mark or Matt. Is the X.

X = Feldmann.

6 hours ago, Nshesaid said:

..Because that literally is their plan.  Their plan is not 'lets get together and combine our creative minds to create something fresh & new.  We've built up high expectations from our careers, let's make sure we don't disappoint ourselves as innovative pop-punk artists.'

It's literally 'Hey boyz, John here..let's think of every way possible we can get you to fit in with the likes of 5SOS and modern day Fall Out Boy. They are raking it in, and huge on Instagram, no way Blink should be on the outside looking in on that.  Oh what's that Mark? You want to add Neckdeep and All Time Low to that too? Ok, you and Matt work on some parts for that, Matt please dye your hair and act younger, I'll come up with a repetitive chorus we can copy and paste onto each and every song so this will take less than a couple weeks away from your mansions...**Blink will be mine one day..the world will finally realize..Goldfinger was what they really wanted all along..** '

I have never understood the categorization of Fall Out Boy on this forum. Their post reunion stuff sound nothing like those bands..

1 hour ago, Since88 said:

I have never understood the categorization of Fall Out Boy on this forum. Their post reunion stuff sound nothing like those bands..

Mainly because Los Angeles sounds just like centuries and they Co wrote Sober.

But it's more just they both were unique cool bands that drastically changed their sound to some new poppy theme.

1 minute ago, Nshesaid said:

Mainly because Los Angeles sounds just like centuries and they Co wrote Sober.

But it's more just they both were unique cool bands that drastically changed their sound to some new poppy theme.

But that's the thing, i don't think FOB's newer sound is radio friendly, I mean listen to American beauty/american psycho. It's not a poppy sound, it's just weird

50 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

The last new FOB song I heard reminded me of Maroon 5 so much that it depressed me.

last one I heard was Centuries and I thought that was dreadful. But I haven't liked them since that record with the sheep on it (can't remember what it's called) so I don't think it's aimed at me anymore.