The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

6 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Alk3 cancelled Saturday's show due to Matt's throat needing more time to heal... Blink is scheduled to play  Musink in 16 days, will be interesting to see what happens. Wasn't Tom bailing on Musink the "last straw" a few years ago when they originally got Skiba to fill in? If he can't sing, I wish they would just do all Mark songs. Or if Skiba is physically unable, it would be an ideal situation to have Tom fill in for one show close to home...are the stars aligning just right?  =P

This path is stupid. It only goes in circles.

On 3/1/2018 at 2:40 PM, Champ182 said:

Whoa it would be rad to see an all-Mark show. I don't know if his vocal chords can handle it though based on other shows in this era

This reminded of that 2003 Dolla Bill show in Toronto where Tom was sick and barely had any voice, so they switched to a couple extra Mark songs

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zoltan said:

on this 2011 show they had different singers for most tom songs:

I was at this show and it was only two songs that had different singers.  This and Matt & Kim for Always.  For the other songs, Tom  just sounded even shittier than normal or had the crowd sing his parts.

I would love if Tom played musink lol.  I would be perfectly fine with him doing a fill in like that.  Will never happen though.

If Skiba does play Musink, how pissed do you think Alkaline Trio fans are that he plays blink but not them, even if there is a good reason for it,

On 3/3/2018 at 3:59 PM, knapton said:

I would love if Tom played musink lol.  I would be perfectly fine with him doing a fill in like that.  Will never happen though.

If Skiba does play Musink, how pissed do you think Alkaline Trio fans are that he plays blink but not them, even if there is a good reason for it,

I bet Travis wouldn't care if they played with Tom again since him and Tom have actually hung out since the split but i think Mark just hates the guy and wants nothing to do with him. 

• Like 2

lol why would anyone want Tom to fill in for Matt at this point? If Matt can't play I'd be more curious to hear a Matt replacement than have Tom slur his way through another show for a paycheck.

talk about awkward

1 hour ago, Chewy030 said:

I bet Travis wouldn't care if they played with Tom again since him and Tom have actually hung out since the split but i think Mark just hates the guy and wants nothing to do with him. 

I don't recall them ever being in the same room. They've tweeted back and forth like once, Tom claims they text occasionally and did an interview for Trav's documentary (where Trav wasn't even there it seems), but still nothing to suggest they've "hung out" at all.

I'm sure Trav would jam with him, but I bet Mark would rather cancel the show than have Tom up there. It's a fun fantasy which I shouldn't have brought up, but absolutely would not happen IMO and given the politics involved it is not worth letting Tom get the sense that he can just jump right back in whenever he wants. Moving forward I want Matt to feel at home in Blink, I would argue cancelling the show to stick up for Matt's issue would be more beneficial for future Blink than letting Tom squeeze in for one and bringing us back to where we were 3 years ago.

Since it's Trav's festival, worst case, they should just play a 45 minute set of Mark's songs, let the crowd sing Matt's parts on some popular choruses if needed. It could be done!

WMAA
Rock Show
Built This Pool
HAG
Don't Leave Me
GATC
Happy Holidays
Wendy Clear
M&Ms
Dammit
Family Reunion

Audibles: Roller Coaster, Everytime I Look For You, I Miss You (Crowd sings), STGFTK (Crowd Sings)

25 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

Mark's ageing and lackluster voice would be a horrible idea for a 45 minute set of just Mark songs.

He'd be fine on those, it's just California songs he struggles with because they are too high. If you are a professional musician and can't sing halfway decent for 45 minutes then retire. (like Tom did)