The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 hour ago, Ry-Bread said:

I still like most of DLX but I was driving with the windows down the other day and actually was a bit embarrassed when "Don't Mean Anything" came on at a stoplight and had to change it. Such a corny little teen sounding song.

Same for me. I haven't written music in some time, but that songs feels like something I'd write in 5 minutes and hate myself for it later.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

I agree, but the last time that type of Cure sounding synth was used was This Is Home and people for some reason still say it sounded like AVA haha

I remember thinking Up All Night, Ghost and This Is Home sounding a bit like Joy Division and Eating Me Alive, but not as cool as Eating Me Alive. That synth is amazing. I remember thinking "it sounds like alk 3, just not as good" and it bummed me out. 

21 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

original, which for years I heard such incredible things. I watched with 3 other people and we were so disappointed.

Haven't seen it yet outside of the opening scene but always wanted to. Bummer. Hyped for the remake though.

I thought Profondo Rosso aka Deep Red was awful. It wasn't competent as a film in any way. Maybe Dario Argento is just overrated after all?

11 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

Haven't seen it yet outside of the opening scene but always wanted to. Bummer. Hyped for the remake though.

I thought Profondo Rosso aka Deep Red was awful. It wasn't competent as a film in any way. Maybe Dario Argento is just overrated after all?

Yeah, I haven't had much exposure to him really, so I can't say, but this was supposed to be his most lauded film. Maybe the remake will be better?

1 hour ago, _Kyle_ said:

Yeah, I haven't had much exposure to him really, so I can't say, but this was supposed to be his most lauded film. Maybe the remake will be better?

A scene was shown at some con somewhere that gave the remake some hope. People were walking out, etc, because it was so bloody/messed up. Something about a witch controlling a dancer somehow. Can't quite remember the details. So we'll see I guess.

Good for Skiba if he's with Asia though. 

• Like 1