Ari

The blink 182 general discussion topic

On 6/5/2018 at 1:30 PM, Elisa said:

She's legit. She has been taking care of blink's business in Europe since 2016. She basically does what their manager (Gus Brandt) does for blink in America. Which I don't really know what it is but she's real and that rough mixes are real too. 

What is her IG handle? 

Watching those album launch videos brought back some memories. Man, I'd kill to have a version of the Cheetah videos during the making of DED.

I actually watched the MTV album launch the other night, and started to feel nostalgic.

Sad that those days are long gone.

• Like 1

They were pretty ahead of their time with all that stuff. They had behind the scenes documentaries and constant web videos/updates long before that was made easy with social media. I think that was a HUGE part of their appeal back in the day, you ended up feeling like you were a part of the gang or at least like you got to know them as people way more than any other band.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

They were pretty ahead of their time with all that stuff. They had behind the scenes documentaries and constant web videos/updates long before that was made easy with social media. I think that was a HUGE part of their appeal back in the day, you ended up feeling like you were a part of the gang or at least like you got to know them as people way more than any other band.

Yes exactly. I remember scrolling through the videos on their homepage. Wish they would do more of it now. Kinda funny when it gets easier to put videos out they stopped doing it. There are some AVA studio videos though that are pretty cool. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 182Tim said:

I actually watched the MTV album launch the other night, and started to feel nostalgic.

Sad that those days are long gone.

Yep. I think if the blinkumentary footage was to ever surface we'd get a lot of the nostalgia back.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

Haha

YaNbUYW6KgvJ7TcJ1xuhKoAWTnr9qtuy-uNaSFtL

Haha what a strange Blink fan this would be. Hates Dude Ranch AND California, and seems to only like Neighborhoods and DED? I can't say I've ever met someone like this! Still funny though haha

• Like 2

Is it weird that the member of blink I’d most like to hang out with these days is Matt Skiba?

I mean, I’d rather meet Mark and Tom, just because they were my heroes for so long and I’d love to get to have a real conversation with them. But I always used to think it’d be so fun to hang out with them. Not really anymore. Matt seems more fun now. Hell even Feldmann seems more fun. 10/10 would hot tub with him.

• Like 2

On 6/6/2018 at 1:10 PM, boxelder said:

anyone seen this? aside from their dogshit music, i find it interesting a duo this famous is using old-school clips of blink in front of tens of thousands (check the video screen behind them, i know one is tom from the josie video)

this is awesome. I don't like Chainsmokers, I thought they were absolute sell-outs (I as well as many others followed them before they had their hits and a ton of people were pushing for their success because of their AMAZING remix work - so to see them put out a good mix of this is fucking great). WAY WAY WAY better than that Steve Aoki crap - unlike Steve Aoki, Chainsmokers actually have a long history of producing some fucking amazing tracks, despite them becoming a lot more poppier and radio friendly now adays.

A good example of some of their "older" remix work:

Hmm. Wonder if that means Matt is going to want to have the new Blink done by the end of July? I'll probably go to the STL or the Nashville show, I guess after 3 years he figured he better let his bandmates get some money...