The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 hour ago, Kevin. said:

that venue they're playing in grand rapids is a 2600 capacity one. guessing this is more of a "club" tour, which is pretty rare for blink. 

too bad it'll be the same old shit.

eh not really the Cedar Rapids venue can hold 8,000.  The weird thing i noticed when looking at the seating chart though they're not going a pit it looks like. The floor area appears to have seats. which is usually odd for a rock show. 

9 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Seeing them announce tour dates makes me happy. Must be a sign that Travis is doing okay.

i can't believe they;re coming to my hometown. Was shocked when i saw it. My days of driving 4 hours for them are over so this is a nice little surprise. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

i can't believe they;re coming to my hometown. Was shocked when i saw it. My days of driving 4 hours for them are over so this is a nice little surprise. 

That's awesome, nobody ever comes to my hometown either. Except randomly Hawthorne Heights a month ago lol

22 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

That's awesome, nobody ever comes to my hometown either. Except randomly Hawthorne Heights a month ago lol

Our venue in the last few years got a huge renovation done to it and got a new promoter who has actually done a solid job of bringing good acts here. This is the first time to my knowledge that Blink will have played here. 

On 7/20/2018 at 2:27 PM, Ry-Bread said:

Does this 2016 legal doc mean anything to anyone with knowledge on these? Obviously a filing of some sort, with Tom M.I.A....  This was right around the time they were "legally divorcing".

hVxHHlB.jpg

By the looks of it, this has always been Mark and Travis’ company only. It was formed late in 2004 (when all the tensions with Tom were at their worst) and the doc is a ‘statement of no change’. I presume Tom has his own company for royalties etc, maybe check the copyright info for Neighborhoods to be sure!

3 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Actually Angels & Airwaves came to my hometown when they were brand new in 2006. Tom said "we'll be back soon!" That was 12 years ago lol.

Bloody hell! So even when it comes to tours, Tom still talks bullshit haha.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, justastupidkid said:

Something changed, otherwise they would have checked box 4 and skipped ahead to item 15.

Yeah my guess is this is the document stating Mark and Travis are the only owners, and that Tom would've been listed on it before this was processed. I'm not an expert at all though haha

2 hours ago, Kevin. said:

i'm listening to Neighborhoods right now and enjoying it so much more than when it came out. the two singles are the only songs i skip over. i even like "this is home" now and used to hate it. 

not sure how my opinion swayed so drastically but seven years is a long time. 

This is Home for the win!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vic vinegar said:

This is Home for the win!!!

Always liked this one even with the laughable lyrics. Most people hate the chorus but I liked it a lot, it's very 80s new wave-y. Same with the synth, I think people were so afraid of any hint of AVA that they immediately hated any synth, even though that one sounds much more like the Cure than any AVA bullshit I ever heard.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Champ182 said:

Always liked this one even with the laughable lyrics. Most people hate the chorus but I liked it a lot, it's very 80s new wave-y. Same with the synth, I think people were so afraid of any hint of AVA that they immediately hated any synth, even though that one sounds much more like the Cure than any AVA bullshit I ever heard.

Agreed, the lyrics aren't the best but I mean we'd kill for Tom to sing about punk shows these days. It does remind me of The Cure/80's the way Always did.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kevin. said:

i'm listening to Neighborhoods right now and enjoying it so much more than when it came out. the two singles are the only songs i skip over. i even like "this is home" now and used to hate it. 

not sure how my opinion swayed so drastically but seven years is a long time. 

California has allowed for this album to age very well I think. 

• Like 5

i wouldn’t say a gem, it’s still got more than enough clunkers that place it, for me, well outside the lofty standards set by the classic albums. but it’s an interesting listen that seems to be trying (at least on mark and trav’s part), whereas california is completely phoned in