The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Here the lyrics to Apple Shampoo I thought Mark was singing....straight from my 8th grade notebook I found and later noted in my digital files:

And she said, "It could never survive
Wishes full of lies
One out of one, out too rugged

---

I'll pretend that I'm fine
I'm bide on time.
But I know I'll never be that cool

---

And now I realize
I should have kissed you in May
But I drove home all alone
As if I had a choice, anyway

---

And if you're feeling scared
the man with a tiny shed.
You know it meant everything (everything)
You know that it meant everything to me

I would be bored in class and try to re-write all the lyrics from memory to various songs. I still hear the wrong lyrics from time to time in my head.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

Here the lyrics to Apple Shampoo I thought Mark was singing....straight from my 8th grade notebook I found and later noted in my digital files:

And she said, "It could never survive
Wishes full of lies
One out of one, out too rugged

---

I'll pretend that I'm fine
I'm bide on time.
But I know I'll never be that cool

---

And now I realize
I should have kissed you in May
But I drove home all alone
As if I had a choice, anyway

---

And if you're feeling scared
the man with a tiny shed.
You know it meant everything (everything)
You know that it meant everything to me

I would be bored in class and try to re-write all the lyrics from memory to various songs. I still hear the wrong lyrics from time to time in my head.

Some of these lyrics work even better lol

The man with a tiny shed, YOU KNOW THAT HE MEANT EVERYTHING TO ME. 

12 hours ago, NealMcBealTheNavySeal said:

so you should adapt your language to whoever you're talking to..so you don't hurt them

exactly. and if you're singing a song at a concert, you don't know who is in the audience.

i'm not trying to fight some brave fight here. i'm only commenting in the context of why mark changed the lyric.

2 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

That doesn't work well because the first syllable in vacuous is stressed, whereas it's the second syllable that's stressed in important and retarded/unguarded. It doesn't rhyme at all either. I'm proud of you for using the thesaurus though.

only a couple actual matches for important. but many near-rhymes:

https://www.rhymezone.com/r/rhyme.cgi?Word=important&org1=syl&org2=l&org3=y&typeofrhyme=nry

A lot of you guys are also basing your opinion on the assumption that Mark himself DIDN'T want to change it, but gave in to some societal PC forces or something. Their humor has always been 100% absurd and self-deprecating, he's not some edgelord who wants to actually make anyone feel like shit.

Calling someone re tarded or g a y as a diss is over, it's been over for years, there are plenty of funnier and more creative ways to make fun of someone (or yourself) without dragging groups people who were born a certain way into your diss. It's very easy to change it up, and holding onto words like that as if it's some sort of rebellion is just lazy and boring.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MSandt said:

referring to blacks as n****** since you wouldn't use the word in a non-racist context

hey it's cool man, you're speaking from your ultra-safe, somewhat anonymous, utterly homogeneous internet connection just above the baltic. there are plenty of nasty words the russians use for the finns that would probably get the shit kicked out of you in bar in helsinki if you used them in anger.

and speaking for myself, if you ever used the N word, out loud, in public, here in the states i'd be the first in (a probably very long line) of people waiting to beat the shit out of you.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

hey it's cool man, you're speaking from your ultra-safe, somewhat anonymous, utterly homogeneous internet connection just above the baltic. there are plenty of nasty words the russians use for the finns that would probably get the shit kicked out of you in bar in helsinki if you used them in anger.

and speaking for myself, if you ever used the N word, out loud, in public, here in the states i'd be the first in (a probably very long line) of people waiting to beat the shit out of you.

Yeah N word is a no no..

History comes into play on that one.

53 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

lol

• Like 1