The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Plenty of people out there who would never use that word that are racist scum bags. Also plenty of people who have used the word, in jest or for discussion purposes, that are not racist at all.

Oliver, for example, would never use the word. But his posting clearly reveals racism.

Actions/intent > words for me

• Like 2

1 hour ago, daveyjones said:

hey it's cool man, you're speaking from your ultra-safe, somewhat anonymous, utterly homogeneous internet connection just above the baltic. there are plenty of nasty words the russians use for the finns that would probably get the shit kicked out of you in bar in helsinki if you used them in anger.

and speaking for myself, if you ever used the N word, out loud, in public, here in the states i'd be the first in (a probably very long line) of people waiting to beat the shit out of you.

Do you beat the shit out of the blacks when they use it on each other out loud??

48 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Still so weird to see people type out "n-word." It's like they're scared to release some inner racist demon they've shackled down deep if they say/type the word they are thinking of.

What the actual fuck?  Here's the biggest Trump hater on the board wanting things as blunt and transparent as possible, yet has fits when Trump represents that exact thing, go figure.  Nigg** is an ugly word to say/look at no matter your stance simply because it was an adjective and noun used to describe black slaves in America.  It's an ugly word any way you try to spin this unless you are using it in historical context like history books/movies.

• Like 2

There is no reason a person shouldn't be able to type out the word that they are directly referring to in an intellectual discussion. It's silly and weird. A sign of being very uncomfortable with your racial views/morals imo.

5 minutes ago, Vera Mathews Band said:

What the actual fuck?  Here's the biggest Trump hater on the board wanting things as blunt and transparent as possible, yet has fits when Trump represents that exact thing, go figure.  Nigg** is an ugly word to say/look at no matter your stance simply because it was an adjective and noun used to describe black slaves in America.  It's an ugly word any way you try to spin this unless you are using it in historical context like history books/movies.

You literally want to build a wall to keep brown people out of this country hoss.

5 minutes ago, Ghent said:

You literally want to build a wall to keep brown people out of this country hoss.

You mean Mexican immigration/illegal immigration?  Find a post of me ever supporting Trump's wall plans.  I specifically said from the start I support focus on illegal immigration/border control but not Trump wall plans since it's financially stupid and impractical.

Mods spreading rumors and derailing threads into politics.  Noice

3 hours ago, Smalls said:

Do you beat the shit out of the blacks when they use it on each other out loud??

you either clearly know that situation is entirely different and you're trolling, or you don't know that situation is entirely different.

either way i'll restate it: that situation is entirely different.

although, it should be noted, african americans alter both the pronunciation and, if written, the spelling of the word when used amongst each other. it only takes the most cursory glance at american popular music, or film, or stand up comedy, or whatever, as an outsider to figure that out. in other words, the word unaltered has too much negative power, even to insiders.

The problem with liberals such as Mark Hoppus, Tom Delonge, Matt Skiba, and Green Day is they just want open borders. No wall, no screening or background checks. 

Mexico has a trade deficit with the US, so you pay a bunch of people to build a wall. You cant go through a wall. You cant climb over it. Seems simple to me. 

These liberals turn it into a race issue, but its not hard to figure out why there's never been talk of securing the Canadian border.