The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I have quite a few times actually. Always catches me off guard.

Now that I think of it, I actually have come across people that are around 17-19 that haven't heard blink. God knows how they haven't. It's like hearing a 90's kid saying they've not heard of Queen or something.

Obviously Queen are a way way bigger band and a completely different genre but I'd argue blink are just as influential and as well known (nowhere near as respected to the point where they'll get their own movies and shit though). Queen songs were on TV and the radio in the 90's and early 2000s just as much as blink are nowadays. I always knew 2-3 songs by Queen.

It'd be a complete shock if nobody knew a Queen song or two and I'll always be shocked if someone hasn't heard at least 1-2 blink songs, no matter how old they are unless they're over 60.

• Like 1

I think my kid is the only one in his grade who likes blink. He's in middle school now. He once told me no one really knows who they are so he doesn't talk about them. As much as he loves blink his interest has diminished as he's not fond of the Cali album. He also doesn't like Ava but wants to see both bands live so he can say he saw Mark, Tom and Travis.

2 hours ago, vic vinegar said:

I think my kid is the only one in his grade who likes blink. He's in middle school now. He once told me no one really knows who they are so he doesn't talk about them. As much as he loves blink his interest has diminished as he's not fond of the Cali album. He also doesn't like Ava but wants to see both bands live so he can say he saw Mark, Tom and Travis.

Curious on his opinion for Neighborhoods haha.

On 8/31/2018 at 12:31 AM, Russel Coight said:

If Skiba is a no-show again on the new blink album after proving he can write very blink sounding songs that still have the signature Skiba sound it’s going to be very showing to his actual position in the band.

I think that's been proven by now.

If anyone can't see the difference between Skiba's input and performance in AK3 and in blink, well... then there's some deafening problem there.

I mean, he even admitted 'they' wouln'd let him to write in blink lyrics such the ones in "Goodbye Fire Islannd" which... well... are not that 'political'.

• Like 2

On 25/1/2018 at 03.47, Patient #48273 said:

Serius? Saya memiliki beberapa pasangan yang benar-benar tua (London, Lee, Oscar, Eliot orisinil) yang belum saya pakai sejak SMU. Mungkin saya harus menjualnya.

hiii do you want to sell eliot to me, because I've been looking everywhere to get it hard

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I didn't know they ever released anything with an uppercase B!

yup the first EOTS CD's had an uppercase B on the logo on her shirt! The band preferred it lowercase so when they printed more it was fixed. There is also a 3rd version with no red cross on her hat. Fun things to keep an eye out for if you see these at a cheap resale shop or garage sale or something!

• Like 1