Ari

The blink 182 general discussion topic

15 hours ago, BlinkFloyd said:

Enema of the State voted #1 pop punk album of all-time.  Take Off Your Pants at #7 and Dude Ranch at #25.  Still awesome seeing Blink top lists like this.

https://www.rocksound.tv/features/read/the-best-pop-punk-albums-20-1

It's not biased to say Green Day & Blink should be dominating the pop punk lists like this.  It's cool Enema got voted over Dookie but no way bands like All Time Low, Neck Deep should be getting in over Dude Ranch, every other Green Day album and where the heck is Self Titled.

But its hard telling who counts as pop-punk and who does not, if we count Smash by Ofspring, ...and out come the wolves by Rancid they should be on the top 5 IMO also Descendents record are missing if they count as pop-punk

9 minutes ago, raw_sounds said:

But its hard telling who counts as pop-punk and who does not, if we count Smash by Ofspring, ...and out come the wolves by Rancid they should be on the top 5 IMO also Descendents record are missing if they count as pop-punk

Pop-Punk was started by Blink & Green Day imo, and no one really came close to those 2 aside some short stints by Offspring (talking their pop punk stuff), Sum 41 & friends.   Rancid and early Offspring are definitely more punk.  

5 hours ago, Vera Mathews Band said:

Pop-Punk was started by Blink & Green Day imo, and no one really came close to those 2 aside some short stints by Offspring (talking their pop punk stuff), Sum 41 & friends.   Rancid and early Offspring are definitely more punk.  

Apple was started by me imo. I should get Steve Jobs' money. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Vera Mathews Band said:

blink and GD started the mtv era of pop punk, but before there were many pop-punk bands such as Descendents or Screeching Weasel any pop-punk list without them seems incomplete

I agree blink and GD are the best from the mtv era, by far, followed by Offspring and Sum 41

If you count descendants era than yes it gets more difficult. I was thinking more Dookie onwards.

Who the fuck is rocksound.com anyways?  I still don't get why Self Titled isn't placed. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Vera Mathews Band said:

If you count descendants era than yes it gets more difficult. I was thinking more Dookie onwards.

Who the fuck is rocksound.com anyways?  I still don't get why Self Titled isn't placed. 

Because self-titled is probably closer to alternative than pop-punk.

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 11:00 AM, thongrider said:

Ouch

all the current pop punk bands post these polls on their twitters and their 15 year old fans vote for them over and over. It's why they shouldn't have these kinds of things.

1 hour ago, Adrianm14 said:

Not sure if this has been posted but judging by the Trademark Events section at the bottom of this, Tom lost his rights to the Blink 182 Trademark and lost his partial ownership of blink towards the end of 2017 

https://trademarks.justia.com/851/55/blink-182-85155313.html

... crikey.