The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I find Enema better than TOYPAJ. Although fantastic instrumentally, songs like Anthem Part 2, Give Me One Good Reason, Story of a Lonely Guy, Shut Up just don't do it for me cause of the song topics. Feels forced. Just like California. Enema of the State is more honest to me. And the singles of Enema are way better than the singles of TOYPAJ in my opinion.

Smiley face > Enema > Dude Ranch > Neighborhoods > Cheshire Cat > TOYPAJ > California

At this point I am so burnt out on the "hits" that it comes down to the other tracks on the albums. I would literally pay extra to NOT hear ATST/I Miss You/Always/STFTK/First Date/Rock Show at a concert. I think I can still handle Feeling This/WMAA/Dammit though. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

At this point I am so burnt out on the "hits" that it comes down to the other tracks on the albums. I would literally pay extra to NOT hear ATST/I Miss You/Always/STFTK/First Date/Rock Show at a concert. I think I can still handle Feeling This/WMAA/Dammit though. 

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. Although I think blink should play ATST and I Miss You since they're the two biggest hits. I've always thought bands only need to play about 5-6 hit songs live. Feeling This, What's My Age Again & Dammit are definitely the other ones that should be there too.

I'm ok with them playing songs like STFTK, Down & The Rock Show if they ever improvised and made the songs longer like they did in 03-04. Those 3 songs were fucking great with improvisation.

33 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

uranus > cheshire cat  > dude ranch > buddha > jacket > enema > neighborhoods > california > untitled

Did Davey really just put Dude Ranch above Buddha?  Are we going to just act like that did not happen?

I thought this was them first selling out..

• Like 1

for me, it’s enema > dude ranch > TOYPAJ > untitled > neighborhoods > cheshire cat > california. that ranking has definitely changed since the last time i thought about it, hahaha.

38 minutes ago, petros said:

I don't get the love for dude ranch.

Smiley face>>>toypaj>enema>neighborhoods>cali>>>>dude ranch>chesire cat>buddha

giphy.webp

Dude Ranch just aged like fine wine. 

The first 6 or 7 string of songs are just a perfect start to an album and it's still really good after.  Emo is my favorite blink song personally.  Just more raw blink, all song no tricks.

• Like 3