Jump to content
 

The blink 182 general discussion topic


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I'm not sure Mark would be able to sing Online Songs or Shut Up anymore, unless they tune down the instruments and sing them in a lower key.

Would love to hear Online Songs in Drop B, chuck a few breakdowns and deathchords in there for a laugh as well. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 82.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Ghent

    4970

  • Donald Trump's Bulge

    3424

  • M!ke

    3128

  • Chewy030

    3127

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally got this painted up, I think it turned out pretty nice!  

holy fuck I'm shaking.  Producer calls me at 12:15 says he'll be calling back in about an hour.   Called at 1255 and it was Mark pretending to be the producer, I mentioned  how blink-182online wa

I’ve been dabbling in wood carving the last few months. This ones not done, but thought I would share

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Kay said:

Eeehh, of all the songs not to play I don't think "Shut Up" is the biggest tragedy. Online Songs though is killer. 

You’d take it over the current set list we’ve heard every tour for the last 10 years surely 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scott. said:

You’d take it over the current set list we’ve heard every tour for the last 10 years surely 

I'd take Travis playing the spoons as his solo over the current set list. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Μark is delusional thinking fans wanna hear first date sang by Matt. If green day can play 2000 light years away in front of 30 thousand people I'm sure blink can play some songs off a multi platinum album. 

Still though seeing this motion of loving Tom because you're hating the band now makes you look stupid. "it must have unbearable being in a band with Mark". Geez guys. I thing out of all people blink fans on a blink forum should be the most informed of what happened in the band during the 09-15 period. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I do feel Tom sometimes contradicts himself but not nearly as much as Mark. I swear Tom has mentioned he loves touring with blink. Even Travis said he got excited for the tours but as soon as they went back to their families, he kept distant. Obviously it was about the money, but still.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nosferatu said:

I do feel Tom sometimes contradicts himself but not nearly as much as Mark. I swear Tom has mentioned he loves touring with blink. Even Travis said he got excited for the tours but as soon as they went back to their families, he kept distant. Obviously it was about the money, but still.

Well Tom doesn’t have a family now so great time to go back to blink.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, petros said:

Μark is delusional thinking fans wanna hear first date sang by Matt. If green day can play 2000 light years away in front of 30 thousand people I'm sure blink can play some songs off a multi platinum album. 

Still though seeing this motion of loving Tom because you're hating the band now makes you look stupid. "it must have unbearable being in a band with Mark". Geez guys. I thing out of all people blink fans on a blink forum should be the most informed of what happened in the band during the 09-15 period. 

I think something that has happened in the last few years is the realization that they're all slightly nuts and difficult in their own ways haha none of them are more "pure" or deserving of owning Blink's legacy. Tom is by far the most insane person in the Blink universe, but when he's a little more humble and puts out a decent song and he's being compared to some disheartening things coming out of the Mark/Travis corner for the past 3 years, you start leveling the playing field a little more and end up empathizing with and lovingly ragging on all of them in different ways. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

I think something that has happened in the last few years is the realization that they're all slightly nuts and difficult in their own ways haha none of them are more "pure" or deserving of owning Blink's legacy. Tom is by far the most insane person in the Blink universe, but when he's a little more humble and puts out a decent song and he's being compared to some disheartening things coming out of the Mark/Travis corner for the past 3 years, you start leveling the playing field a little more and end up empathizing with and lovingly ragging on all of them in different ways. 

The fact that some people don't like the music the band is creating under mark and travis owning blink doesn't show they are crazy and out of their minds or a pain in the ass lying to their fans and recording company people like tom. At least under Mark and Travis blink is an actual band that tours and releases music as it should be unlike the 09-15 mess. If you like the music or not has nothing to do with Tom being an asshole to mark/travis/people working for blink and the fans. And if you ask me I'd blast neighborhoods over cali any day. That doesn't mean shit though cause after all Tom did Mark and Travis have all the right in the world to own Blink's legacy and do whatever they want with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Kay said:

Can't have a set list that's living in the past, the current mind set of a band that's literally only about living in the past now. 

Remember when Mark used Pete Wentz as a life raft to stay relevant by being besties after he lost the Blink brand name?

Link to post
Share on other sites

so fat mike is a fair Cunt no question there, but he and skiba are very good friends. Skiba was best man at his wedding. 

From 1:10 onwards fat mike says blink got way better when skiba joined and that “it’d be nice if the band members actually talked to him sometimes.” It does make you wonder whether outside of recording/touring that mark and Travis don’t really have any communication with skiba at all. It could very likely just be fat mike talking shit, or skiba told him that there isn’t much there between him and mark and Travis.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

so fat mike is a fair Cunt no question there, but he and skiba are very good friends. Skiba was best man at his wedding. 

From 1:10 onwards fat mike says blink got way better when skiba joined and that “it’d be nice if the band members actually talked to him sometimes.” It does make you wonder whether outside of recording/touring that mark and Travis don’t really have any communication with skiba at all. It could very likely just be fat mike talking shit, or skiba told him that there isn’t much there between him and mark and Travis.

"Yeah I just want to say blink-182 got a lot better when Matt Skiba joined the band" one "yay" and one lone awkward clap. hilarious.

Also I've never particularly liked NOFX's music but the first minute of this makes them sound like fucking children. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest it wouldn't surprise me if it's true, I get the feeling Matt and Mark aren't exactly best mates but have a working relationship that serves blink that they're both happy with.

Mark and Travis get to carry on the blink name and Matt gets to make more money than he ever thought possible, sure they're all pretty okay with that. 

I hate these sad old pricks though, they are the absolute worst people and their 95% of their music absolutely sucks - can't believe people still pay money to see them live. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing with Fat Mike is that he is the opposite of his on-stage persona. I got to interview him many times over the years and he always let me hang around so I saw him and the rest of the band in a different light, and I tell you he's not the asshole you see - but I don't think he needs me trying to defend him, I barely care about him but, incredibly, he's a very nice person! ? and when they say they hate blink, even that isn't true. Melvin and Smelly are actually friends with them and with Tom too. Yeah, there was that thing about blink selling out but they mostly talk out of their asses, for the sake of it.

 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Elisa said:

The thing with Fat Mike is that he is the opposite of his on-stage persona. I got to interview him many times over the years and he always let me hang around so I saw him and the rest of the band in a different light, and I tell you he's not the asshole you see - but I don't think he needs me trying to defend him, I barely care about him but, incredibly, he's a very nice person! ? and when they say they hate blink, even that isn't true. Melvin and Smelly are actually friends with them and with Tom too. Yeah, there was that thing about blink selling out but they mostly talk out of their asses, for the sake of it.

 

Yeah, they'll always make fun of blink on the stage haha. They're definitely genuine friends though, although probably friends that don't talk too much to each other. We all have those friends that we talk to like 3-4 times a year. NOFX have always come across as assholes on the stage but in interviews, seem more genuine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Elisa said:

The thing with Fat Mike is that he is the opposite of his on-stage persona. I got to interview him many times over the years and he always let me hang around so I saw him and the rest of the band in a different light, and I tell you he's not the asshole you see - but I don't think he needs me trying to defend him, I barely care about him but, incredibly, he's a very nice person! ? and when they say they hate blink, even that isn't true. Melvin and Smelly are actually friends with them and with Tom too. Yeah, there was that thing about blink selling out but they mostly talk out of their asses, for the sake of it.

 

Was it written interviews or recorded? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...