The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

2 hours ago, Kay said:

might have just discovered one of the odder all the small things covers I've ever heard.

I'm sure I've heard this on youtube before but I do like it haha. I prefer covers when bands make it their own like blink with A Letter to Elise & Another Girl Another Planet.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chalk Outlines said:

Pretty Cool.

Interesting - so Travis is saying when Transplants started and he drove over to see Tim Armstrong

"I didn't have money - when I got in Blink I was writing songs, helping with everything - but it was kinda like, you're the new guy so we're not cutting you in on publishing, so I had to prove myself, which is cool, I respect that. I wasn't papered up. They were but I was touring and making ends meet. But then I told them, look if I'm going to be apart of the band and I'm gonna be writing these songs I gotta be taking care of like I'm in, or... you guys can write them, and I'll just jump in and record drums the day you guys record, and we figured it out.  Mark and Tom were always nothing but cool."

That was when they were recording untitled - mad to think even on TOYPAJ he still wasn't getting a 1/3 split.

Does make me question what Skiba's situation is even more.  

8 hours ago, Chalk Outlines said:

Interesting - so Travis is saying when Transplants started and he drove over to see Tim Armstrong

"I didn't have money - when I got in Blink I was writing songs, helping with everything - but it was kinda like, you're the new guy so we're not cutting you in on publishing, so I had to prove myself, which is cool, I respect that. I wasn't papered up. They were but I was touring and making ends meet. But then I told them, look if I'm going to be apart of the band and I'm gonna be writing these songs I gotta be taking care of like I'm in, or... you guys can write them, and I'll just jump in and record drums the day you guys record, and we figured it out.  Mark and Tom were always nothing but cool."

That was when they were recording untitled - mad to think even on TOYPAJ he still wasn't getting a 1/3 split.

Tbh that's fucking gross. I clearly misread it the first time round in the book because I thought it was just Enema he wasn't given rights to but all the way into untitled? what the flying fuck were Mark and Tom thinking? assholes. 

8 hours ago, Chalk Outlines said:

Fucking shocking that. Mark and Tom are fucking scumbags

On 7/3/2019 at 6:30 AM, iguessthisisgrowingup said:

i feel so bad for him. that must have been horrifying

Yeah the poor kid must have gone through hell. I can imagine him still being in intensive psychotherapy after having been raped by Riley Reid?

• Haha 1

Wow that Trav interview is amazing. I'm not terribly surprised that Trav wasn't a full blown "owner" of blink at that point. He had been in the band 2.5 years and Mark/Tom had been building it up for a long time and already saw one drummer leave. Trav even says himself in the interview that he understood and he needed to prove himself - and that he wasn't a pyscho or something lol. But that is pretty crazy to think he was fairly broke even after EOTS/TOYPAJ. 

Skiba is probably in a halfway similar situation, Mark/Tom were not instantly letting him into "ownership".

• Like 1

haven’t watched that interview but fairly sure in can i say he says they hashed it out before TOYPAJ — and the songwriting credits on that album reflect his contributions fairly. so he didn’t wait 4-5 years or something into the untitled era to be credited as a full band member. it was after the success of EOTS. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boxelder said:

haven’t watched that interview but fairly sure in can i say he says they hashed it out before TOYPAJ — and the songwriting credits on that album reflect his contributions fairly. so he didn’t wait 4-5 years or something into the untitled era to be credited as a full band member. it was after the success of EOTS. 

It was after the TOYPAJ tour cycle Travis was asked to drum for Transplants and that’s the time frame he says in this interview he still didn’t have a cut of publishing.

35 minutes ago, Chalk Outlines said:

It was after the TOYPAJ tour cycle Travis was asked to drum for Transplants and that’s the time frame he says in this interview he still didn’t have a cut of publishing.

because royalties weren't paid on a monthly basis. travis probably had writing credits for toypay, but it is possible that he hadn't seen money from it until mid 2002 or so.

11 hours ago, Kay said:

Tbh that's fucking gross. I clearly misread it the first time round in the book because I thought it was just Enema he wasn't given rights to but all the way into untitled? what the flying fuck were Mark and Tom thinking? assholes. 

I thought the same thing reading his book. Pretty sure the two versions are inconsistent but would have to check back on his book.