2 minutes ago, Bucko said:

F is for friends that do stuff together

U is for you and me

N is for anywhere anytime at all down here in the deep blue see

*sea 

3 minutes ago, Harvey Klinger's Heartache said:

*sea 

Fuck. I'm so careful with that shit too

Oh shit! So it was Mark Hoppus that called pretending to be from that radio station

• Wow 3

JarJar just busted into my office all fucking high on adrenaline, radio called, was straight into Mark. hahaha

holy fuck I'm shaking.  Producer calls me at 12:15 says he'll be calling back in about an hour.  

Called at 1255 and it was Mark pretending to be the producer, I mentioned  how blink-182online was a place where we promote the band, post memes and talk about everything blink-182 and by that point I knew it was him. 

120% fan girl, started shaking and he asked if I had a question for the band, no warning for this, and I froze.  Mark starts busting up laughing and then said  he appreciates Blink-182online and to keep doing what we were doing....

So if you wanna hear me fan-girling and freezing like a douche, tune in! 

• Like 13
  • Love 8
  • Haha 1

20 years of being an obsessive blink fan culminated in talking to Mark and my mind/body couldn't handle it.

Time to build a shrine.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

I asked where we could hear it and he said they will be posting it online in a few days

• Like 1

i feel like this board just skimmed over what seems to be the case that "misery" was apparently written about us, haha.

Mark definitely checks this site. Guess it’s time I admitted I’ve always preferred him to Tom. New blink is probably my favourite music in all honesty. Keep it up, Mark xx

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

A few other blink pages are gonna be part of the podcast/radio spot too, sounds like @Italian Throwaway got some good questions in with Mark so it will be worth the listen.  

Part of me wonders if they won't edit out my part lol. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, boxelder said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/11/magazine/universal-fire-master-recordings.html

amazing new article about the 2008 universal studios lot fire that claimed, apparently, the master tape recordings of hundreds of thousands of artists, famous and poorly known. the author mentions that much of UMG's catalog was transferred to a boyers, pennsylvania facility ran by a company called iron mountain, but despite that, TONS of original masters perished in the fire... the roots, bing crosby, chuck berry. the author specifically mentions MCA and geffen records, and while from the existence of the multitracks and the recentness of blink it's clear there's backups and second-gen copies... it may appear blink's original tape masters may be gone forever

@Ghost, you may be interested in this

I remember this. This would be comparable to the Notre Dame fire in terms of music archives and impact on music history. There is people who think that, well... losing a master tape is not a big deal as long as there are copies. But is a total disgrace. You are literally losing any original source.

• Like 1

This would have been a golden opportunity to face those bold posters (myself included) claiming what they'd say to Mark if they ever met him.

But I'm glad we didn't.

At some point you have to remember you're a fan regardless of dislike for current lineup.

• Like 4

that's awesome @JarJarBlinks. I don't know what I would have said or asked in your situation.

I remember when I got interviewed (it wasn't live) for my Bored to Death Tom video I mentioned the boards a couple of times but they left that part out of the printed interviews they put online lol

• Like 3