The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

5 minutes ago, Since88 said:

I have never understood why people are so hung up on the fact that Tom wanted blink to be on Modlife. Like, who the fuck cares how they release the music?!

I mean I don't really care, but Tom did.  And he didn't like that Mark and Travis weren't super pumped on his plan.  They probably realized Modlife was just a way for Tom to have complete control over future blink releases instead of a three-way split.

3 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I mean I don't really care, but Tom did.  And he didn't like that Mark and Travis weren't super pumped on his plan.  They probably realized Modlife was just a way for Tom to have complete control over future blink releases instead of a three-way split.

You seam to care.. And you have no idea how they were going to split the money..

Still, can't understand how some people get hung up on stuff like this

• Like 1

honestly if blink was on Modlife and they actually used it it would have been rad. The first year of AVA Modlife was pretty great. Then the band stopped using it and people were literally throwing their money away by subscribing to it. But it was fun to chat with the band on their Modchats fairly frequently. Tom responded to a bunch of the things I said, and he played Touchdown Boy on his acoustic guitar when I asked. If blink did stuff like that, it'd be awesome. Also, Modlife would still exist lmao

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

honestly if blink was on Modlife and they actually used it it would have been rad. The first year of AVA Modlife was pretty great. Then the band stopped using it and people were literally throwing their money away by subscribing to it. But it was fun to chat with the band on their Modchats fairly frequently. Tom responded to a bunch of the things I said, and he played Touchdown Boy on his acoustic guitar when I asked. If blink did stuff like that, it'd be awesome. Also, Modlife would still exist lmao

That was the biggest issue with modlife the guys stopped using it. Tom would only hop on to show someone how it could work. 

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Yeah, it isn’t a bad idea or business model, the only problem was that social media became bigger and bigger faster and faster and a business model such as Modlife isn’t that useful anymore, why use Modlife when we could potentially do the same stuff on Facebook for free?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boxelder said:

i never click on yt vids like this, but wow. this guy nails the TOYPAJ-era sound perfectly

Wow that’s really good, whether it sounds like blink or not. Probably the first time I can say that about a YouTube blink thing

6 hours ago, boxelder said:

i never click on yt vids like this, but wow. this guy nails the TOYPAJ-era sound perfectly

I heard this version a little while back and I hadn't heard the original. I liked the cover, so I checked out the original and wow is Billie Eilish's style unappealing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Yeah I think the intention was to take what they did with the live studio cam and Cheetah vids and stuff in 2003 and go even further with fan interaction and stuff. Unfortunately social media just caught up and made it kinda obsolete. And even more unfortunately, when social media grew Blink retreated from most of that online fan interaction stuff they kinda helped pioneer in some ways. I'll never forget how exciting it was to check their website during the Untitled recording era. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Um, putting Blink on modlife would have created a massive conflict of interest and after what happened in 2004; Mark and Travis made the best decision ever to tell Tom to fuck off.

"With dirty boots on the ground you said I'll make this all mine"

Tom's intentions were pretty obvious.

100% spot on

• Like 1

Modlife as an overall concept made no sense to me.

The entire schtick was exclusivity, by definition the more popular it became, the more subscribers to it, the less exclusivity you can actually give. if it succeeded it would also be failing. like you can't go from exclusive content for 1000 people (like an early demo or early access to tickets or whatever) and then be able to still have it be exclusive if 50,000 pay for the same thing (plus anything that wasn't physical or direct personal interaction would be all over the internet anyway). they cant have as direct contact with the band if theres more people to contend with. 

1 hour ago, Kay said:

The entire schtick was exclusivity, by definition the more popular it became, the more subscribers to it, the less exclusivity you can actually give. if it succeeded it would also be failing. like you can't go from exclusive content for 1000 people (like an early demo or early access to tickets or whatever) and then be able to still have it be exclusive if 50,000 pay for the same thing (plus anything that wasn't physical or direct personal interaction would be all over the internet anyway). they cant have as direct contact with the band if theres more people to contend with. 

I think that was the appeal for younger artists. Modlife would boost smaller bands by creating more loyal followings.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

You would think a forum of people obsessed with child predators and creepy behavior would have something to say about the recent Travis story. Not a peep from the 4 or 5 phony detectives ? 

He doesn't frequent the board ... you're our resident pedophile, you get our anger amd disgust.

6 hours ago, Kay said:

Really? I thought it was a great idea for the diehard fans. You got to interact with the band, chat with them, get a bunch of live feeds and stuff. Neat idea imo

• Like 1