The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

3 hours ago, boxelder said:

here ya are. bought it just this morning for it 

knuO3qt.jpgkE724mI.jpgkk0xHoj.jpgIOMUB7h.jpgjIipZlK.jpgnWyseQT.jpg2zfYb7k.jpgcmwANKo.jpg

Same guarded PR, only Mark opened up about his depression a little more. I don't know why they're always trying to reassure us that there's much better unity and Skiba is finally at home... it's the same shit they tried to convince us with Cali and DLX. And maybe it's better than those 2 albums but that's really not a high hurdle to jump.

3 hours ago, Ghost said:

Thank you, @boxelder. Pretty safe interview, but it had its moments.

Edit: interesting shit on this page

nWyseQT.jpg

They are kind of taking back the 'first dea, best idea' approach.

Well maybe it was because Mark was so depressed he went that route. I really hope the rest of the album is better than the first 2 out 3 songs released (Happy Days was fine by my standards).

i thought it was a very interesting interview, with mark more candid than ever about his struggles with depression. also interesting to see a lot of us were right on the money that they threw out the OG feldmann stuff and started from scratch. the rest does seem like standard kerrang PR word salad, admittedly.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Phteven_DeLounge said:

I don't mind if the album is full of Adam's Songs and STFTK. I listen to Senses Fail too so I'm eager for dark lyrics hahaha.

I mean that would be a dream for me and would restore all faith in blink. But there’s no way it’s going to sound like that. I’ll eat a hat

1 hour ago, Dylan_ said:

Sounds like Mark needs to stay off social media if the hate for the new music makes him depressed. 

He won’t because it’s too much a part of his “character”... he’s funny Mark from blink-182 and can’t go without living up to that. 

He’s in a catch-22 where he needs to feel the fame/praise to feel alive/important, but can’t ignore the negativity which ultimately sneaks into his head and brings him down... 

It’s sad really, I feel for him.

• Like 1