The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I don't know, Raditude is the lowet point of Weezer, there is nothing worse they have ever done, but I strongly disagree with Pacific Daydream or Black Album being bad - they're a decent take on modern pop with a strong Weezer feeling, these records are okay, much better than all over the place Red or sappy boring Make Believe. 

8 hours ago, daveyjones said:

i think the top track on the mostly-unlistenable rattitude is "put me back together."

great tune, always really liked it. doesn't even sound weezer, because it was written by the all american rejects. it's pretty generic, but fun to listen to

I dig the new Weezer song. It's not amazing but it proves that when they want to, they can still lay down some dope stuffs. This one has Rivers' signature catchiness and I like their playful nod to Van Halen in both the riff and the new album title/cover.

On 9/8/2019 at 1:13 PM, daveyjones said:

the fact that they're still together

turns out, i'm spot on.

Green Day will release Father of All Motherfuckers on February 7, 2020. Weezer will also release a new album called Van Weezer in May 2020. Fall Out Boy will release Greatest Hits: Believers Never Die - Volume Two on November 15.

2 hours ago, daveyjones said:

turns out, i'm spot on.

Green Day will release Father of All Motherfuckers on February 7, 2020. Weezer will also release a new album called Van Weezer in May 2020. Fall Out Boy will release Greatest Hits: Believers Never Die - Volume Two on November 15.

they had an album last year, and this is a second hits compilation that covers everything since their reunion, even you don't like a band, you shouldn't act like a bitch

3 hours ago, alex_dept. said:

I hate everything FOB has put out since reunion, but everything before is a gold run of 4 great records, it's like enema to neighborhoods to me

Eh, I like some of their earlier records, fell apart on foil deus or whatever the flying fuck that turd was called and they've been circling the drain since and even their earlier records wasn't exactly inspired work, just a bit of fun. Probably one of the most overrated bands in the genre. 

17 minutes ago, Kay said:

Eh, I like some of their earlier records, fell apart on foil deus or whatever the flying fuck that turd was called and they've been circling the drain since and even their earlier records wasn't exactly inspired work, just a bit of fun. Probably one of the most overrated bands in the genre. 

Yeah exactly...they're just a bit of fun. Musical wonderment? No. Fun? Yes.

Folie à deux especially - I have lots of fun with that record because it gets a little funkier/soulful.
I don't understand why they derive such hatred? Is it because Patrick has actual range and likes to use it?

21 minutes ago, yodda said:

Folie à deux especially - I have lots of fun with that record because it gets a little funkier/soulful.
I don't understand why they derive such hatred? Is it because Patrick has actual range and likes to use it?

Folie a deux is a nice mature rock album and mostly pop punk fans aren't used to good singing, they prefer nasal whining or some rebellious screams 

folie a deux's a straight classic, as are all of those first four records. i wasn't a big FOB fan in their prime, but i came to appreciate them during their hiatus. TTTYG is an all-timer pop punk classic, with FUTCT close behind. infinity can be a little messy, i'll admit, but folie is a weird experiment on par with untitled for me. songs like america's suithearts and headfirst slide are some of my favorite songs of all-time.

haven't loved their ultra-radio reinvention, but it's whatever lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yodda said:

Patricks voice might be what became the worst part of the band to be honest, his diction is appalling. 

I think when they were doing fairly straight forward pop punk they had enough know-how to make it very appealing to the masses, but as soon as they tried to do anything that required more talent and skill it fell apart because they were punching above their weight, in my opinion. 

I don't ever remember liking the first single from a Blink album when it was released. Didn't like Feeling This, didn't like Up All Night, didn't like Bored to Death, couldn't stand Blame It On My Youth. Except FT I still don't like these songs much. 

17 hours ago, alex_dept. said:

they had an album last year, and this is a second hits compilation that covers everything since their reunion, even you don't like a band, you shouldn't act like a bitch

saying a band touring behind a greatest hits release is reminding people of their relevance is an objective analysis.

like, that's what the management and label advise the band to do. it's not a dis. it's business.