The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I got my Gibson Tom DeLonge brand new from Memphis today!

holy fuck, it rips like nobodys business.

Smells like a god damn masterpiece too.

ive never ever ever played a guitar as perfect as this thing. Just flawless.

New gibson factory smells awesome dont they? Ive my LP since 05 and the case still has the smell.

Is there a real difference between the Epi and the Gibson besides quality? Like, a huge difference?

EPIPHONE = made in china... machine built and thrown together in an hour. quality is dismal for the most part. However, i will be honest.. ive seen some and played some real nice epi's.

GIBSON= hand built in USA from start to finish.

GIBSON CUSTOM= Extreme perfection. Its a small shop where they build guitars for famous musicians, so they have to be 100% perfect... thats why it took over 3 months to receive it. Takes 4.5 weeks of continuous hand labour to build one DeLonge

There is a story behind this guitar and the only reason why it got built for me is cuz tom ordered 3 of some sort apparently for the European tour. They said they dont build just one at a time, only in runs of 3+. So, mine got built directly beside his <3.

The smell of the laquer is ridiculous, it smells sooooo good. Not a word of a lie- I have it sealed in the case in my bedroom (which is 15' x 15') and I my whole room smells like the guitar. its magical. If you could imagine would heaven would smell like, its the smell of this guitar brand new.