The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Is it safe to assume Rob Perelman gave or sold them to Chesh? Rob commented on one of the 10 second demo clip videos.

(Typical bootlegger behavior btw, showing off.)

This also makes me wonder how foreigners have possession of such rare blink audio and video. Chesh and Pedrinho (the guy who watermarks videos, rendering them unwatchable) are from random countries. Is there a backstory to how they got into this? And what is their endgame, do they plan on being buried with their bootlegs?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Speedo said:

I really wish they would have continued the They Came to Conquer Uranus sound for at least an album. It's gotta be my favorite version of Blink. 

that's the fitzgerald demo sessions... my personal holy grail. listen to the demo of "enthused." the whole album would have sounded like that. what really hurts DL is trombino was not the right producer for that kind of music, and the mix and master are terrible.

13 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

that's the fitzgerald demo sessions... my personal holy grail. listen to the demo of "enthused." the whole album would have sounded like that. what really hurts DL is trombino was not the right producer for that kind of music, and the mix and master are terrible.

I would have preferred a faster, sloppy version of Dude Ranch! Do you know if they recorded the demos live or if they tracked? Also, it was only the demos they did with Warren, right? It wasn't a final take under one and then the label switched them to another? 

15 hours ago, Speedo said:

I would have preferred a faster, sloppy version of Dude Ranch! Do you know if they recorded the demos live or if they tracked? Also, it was only the demos they did with Warren, right? It wasn't a final take under one and then the label switched them to another? 

i'm not sure if they recorded with warren before signing to MCA (to shop to labels) or after (to have a rough for trombino). from the sound of enthused and what i remember hearing in mark's car in the fall of 1996, they were tracked. for example, "i'm sorry" had that fade out at the end.

14 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Pop Disaster tour announcement from this day in 2002... super awkward when Carson Daly brings up BCR at ~4:13, I actually feel bad for Mark here.

Poor mark. You can just see his whole demeanour change as soon as it is brought up.

On 2/12/2020 at 9:36 AM, WolfUgly said:

Totally unrelated to Mark's Mom's Lasagna, or bootlegs but i'm really excited TMTATS is on streaming platforms!!!! especially since i've worn out my record and CD.

Hell yea! Been waiting for this to be on Spotify forever. Doesn’t even seem real now that it’s there