The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

10 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

I would like to hear more from Rick.  He's super full of himself (based off this video) but he's been around since the beginning, interested to hear more stories.

Didn’t seem full of himself at all. Guess you probably hate on anybody who is confident and successful 

33 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

He basically said that Australia founded blink, they were the first ones to embrace them and play them on the radio because they toured with Pennywise over there.  Basically they were their first fans.

Lol I totally misinterpreted what you meant by broke. Thought you were saying Australia was the cause of blink breaking up haha.

It makes sense. Australia and Southern California are very similar with the whole surf skate scene and the music that went along with that in the 90’s.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jan's Plan said:

He basically said that Australia founded blink, they were the first ones to embrace them and play them on the radio because they toured with Pennywise over there.  Basically they were their first fans.

i can verify. before national touring in support of dude ranch, the only place blink was popular and known outside of soCal (95–96) was down under.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2020 at 11:01 PM, daveyjones said:

well that's how it's supposed to be pronounced (in england "cheshire" is a place name; "shire" means county and is pronounced shIRE).

It’s how I’ve always pronounced it. A few people here had other ideas. And it made me realize I wasn’t actually sure if I had been pronouncing it correctly or not lol

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Knapppers said:

Ended up buying the new vs old blink bunny. Pretty happy with how it is 

https://imgur.com/gallery/6UjheI8

So rad! It's amazing in person, well worth the price IMO. It's super cool that it is the piece Mr Tsurt is most proud of, and his "swan song" as he said before handing over the reigns on blink merch. I think I'm gonna get it tatted soon.