The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I wish his voice was higher, but that's ok, its grown on me, im glad it's different. You can't expect a guy to make a perfect cover. Keep in mind I'm someone who is open minded with covers.

Speedo wearer, "she/he" barely qualifies as a lyric change, it's been done so many times both ways and changes none of the rhyming or melody

@jlx9 yeah they handled it fine, I just cringe so hard when the interviewers inevitably bring it up and stumble their way through a series of awkward questions. He should’ve stopped after the first one, but thankfully Matt in particular was pretty open and made it less awkward for him.

If I was their PR guy, I’d make it very clear up front: No Tom questions. (And no blink questions for Tom during AVA promos). Don’t care if that’s what people want to hear, it’s been 5 years and they’re usually there to promote their new stuff.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

I wish his voice was higher, but that's ok, its grown on me, im glad it's different. You can't expect a guy to make a perfect cover. Keep in mind I'm someone who is open minded with covers.

Speedo wearer, "she/he" barely qualifies as a lyric change, it's been done so many times both ways and changes none of the rhyming or melody

The kids still don't think you're cool, pedo.

I'm bored at home and am being a twat on this twitch feed. 

"If you have someone else build your island, it'll be like the California record."

"You should make a Tom avatar, build an amazing island together, and then destroy it because Tom "found it hard as hell to commit.""

Too bad he'll never read my excrement comments. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Crab 6

45 minutes ago, Tom Bot said:

"If you have someone else build your island, it'll be like the California record."

"You should make a Tom avatar, build an amazing island together, and then destroy it because Tom "found it hard as hell to commit.""

that shit is really mean and unnecessary, especially in front of his son

criticise blink all you want on here, but taking it directly to them is just douchey af

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, iguessthisisgrowingup said:

that shit is really mean and unnecessary, especially in front of his son

criticise blink all you want on here, but taking it directly to them is just douchey af

I mean, the second one wasn't bad at all - it's a dig at Tom more than anything.

The first one is just calling a spade a spade. Crying about facts you don't like hearing about online isn't going to do yourself any favours man. 

• Crab 1

6 minutes ago, Tom Bot said:

I mean, the second one wasn't bad at all - it's a dig at Tom more than anything.

The first one is just calling a spade a spade. Crying about facts you don't like hearing about online isn't going to do yourself any favours man. 

i mean i agree with what you said

but saying it in a stream mark was doing with his son is extremely socially retarded and douchey, and that's a fact

• Like 7

2 hours ago, iguessthisisgrowingup said:

i mean i agree with what you said

but saying it in a stream mark was doing with his son is extremely socially retarded and douchey, and that's a fact

They're valid criticisms from a long-term fan who has given the bands hundreds/thousands of dollars. Jack probably doesn't even know what the California reference means, and he's in college now so he's not exactly a vulnerable child. 

20 minutes ago, Tom Bot said:

They're valid criticisms from a long-term fan who has given the bands hundreds/thousands of dollars. Jack probably doesn't even know what the California reference means, and he's in college now so he's not exactly a vulnerable child. 

They may be valid criticisms but there’s a time and place. While marks just hanging out having fun with his kid trying to include his fans definitely isn’t.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, NotNow said:

Mark was on kroq this morning didn’t get a chance to listen

Most notable thing was he said they hope to release the fan “Happy Days” video on Friday. Also said HD was written in the better part of a day in early 2019. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, epitaphellcat said:

i think it sucks for a band willing to be as open as they are to go on live streams only to be bombarded w negativity when it’s clearly an attempt to do something cool for fans who want to enjoy it.

facts. glad a lot of us are agreeing on this. mark’s feet need to be held to the fire at times, considering cali plus has always been controversial. however, there’s no need to be unnecessarily rude in a stream chat. he’s just havin fun with his son

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Tom Bot said:

what an absolute shitbag.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1