The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 hour ago, twentytwenty said:

Again, I can’t understand why this is upsetting the fan base, I’m guessing he never been an arrogant prick towards you, or maybe I’m wrong? It’s like hating on Liam for no reason. The Quo message boards have this exact problem as well, people hating on Francis for no reason.

Yes, Mark, Travis and the record company can be upset and feel angry towards Tom in this situation, I don’t understand why you are, you’re not involved. Or at least I don’t think you are, if you are, then I apologize.

But I am involved. Have been for 20 years when I bought enema. Followed the band. Purchased their albums, merch, tickets to shows etc. I also don’t like being lead on. That’s pretty normal I think. It’s pretty basic human decency not to lie and scam people who have supported you for years and it’s perfectly acceptable not be happy with that happening to you.

You're possibly over estimating how much I’m upset/angry. It’s not something I think about ever unless a discussion is going on. It doesn’t keep me up at night. 

• Like 1

I think people tend to forget how bad it was after neighbourhood's.

He managed to work on a double angels and airwaves love album, and released the first half before we even got neighbourhood's...

Promised new blink music constantly, teasing clips of him working on it and saying it will be the best blink yet.

Needs money to fund to the stars, literally smashes out dog eating dogs in less than a month, showing he can do it when he wants...

Think wow this is going to be great, cant wait for the new album(probably bought himself a good 2 years out of that release to not get any abuse from fans for new material)

Then. .

Released the dream Walker... 

He was never going to put any effort into blink, all we wanted was for him to respect the fans and not tease and rinse us to plug his other ventures.

You can tell his personality at the time from just watching the joe Rogan podcast, i think hes alot more grounded now, well hopefully...

But if his ego wasnt such a dick the whole situation could of been solved....

Just doing one song with blink would make him probably a bucket load more money than a whole album with ava...but he never will..

2 minutes ago, prankerd14 said:

He managed to work on a double angels and airwaves love album, and released the first half before we even got neighbourhood's...

Promised new blink music constantly, teasing clips of him working on it and saying it will be the best blink yet.

Needs money to fund to the stars, literally smashes out dog eating dogs in less than a month, showing he can do it when he wants...

Think wow this is going to be great, cant wait for the new album(probably bought himself a good 2 years out of that release to not get any abuse from fans for new material)

Then. .

He was never going to put any effort into blink, all we wanted was for him to respect the fans and not tease and rinse us to plug his other ventures.

You can tell his personality at the time from just watching the joe Rogan podcast, i think hes alot more grounded now, well hopefully...

Just doing one song with blink would make him probably a bucket load more money than a whole album with ava...but he never will..

He devoted so much time to blink that it basically killed Angels & Airwaves (that was a normal functional band back then). Fact

Just now, twentytwenty said:

He devoted so much time to blink that it basically killed Angels & Airwaves (that was a normal functional band back then). Fact

Fact? I dont think anything you wrote could be described as fact.

He made 3 albums and god knows how many eps... and made one delayed blink album and dogs eating dogs...

Still even managed to tour with ava during that time too, so what the fudge are you talking about?

Did you read some shit on reddit and decided to have an opinion ..?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, prankerd14 said:

Fact? I dont think anything you wrote could be described as fact.

He made 3 albums and god knows how many eps... and made one delayed blink album and dogs eating dogs...

Still even managed to tour with ava during that time too, so what the fudge are you talking about?

Did you read some shit on reddit and decided to have an opinion ..?

Tbf I’m pretty sure atom Willard said so in an interview. But that was just Tom milking blink tours to fund his other ventures it wasn’t Tom working on blink music. Why would he play tiny Ava shows and make not much when he could be doing big blink tours making a ton? Gave him all the money he needed to do whatever until he ran out again and then he’d just repeat. Atom needed Ava to tour to make money.

It still doesn’t change the fact that Tom was misleading to everyone about the blink situation and that he was just using it to make money to fund spaceships or whatever.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Tbf I’m pretty sure atom Willard said so in an interview. But that was just Tom milking blink tours to fund his other ventures it wasn’t Tom working on blink music. Why would he play tiny Ava shows and make not much when he could be doing big blink tours making a ton? Gave him all the money he needed to do whatever until he ran out again and then he’d just repeat. Atom needed Ava to tour to make money.

It still doesn’t change the fact that Tom was misleading to everyone about the blink situation and that he was just using it to make money to fund spaceships or whatever.

@prankerd14 this make it a fact. It’s commonly know that’s what happened, well, at least through the fan base of AVA that is. It’s also the reason Matt left. And for the EP question the answer is one. And the love project was already started before blink reunited, they began working in the studio in January 2009 for that so no one can shame him for working on that either.

@Russel Coight I mean I don’t disagree with you about that

15 hours ago, _Bagel said:

I dabbled in the boards a few years back, I can't remember if I have to throw my hat in the ring and do an akward icebreaker.

Here it is. Brit, blink fan since 2013. Reluctant cat person. My forearms are basically hairless. Good afternoon and morning to you fine bunch

Hi pal, welcome to the boards. The Sopranos rules,  I’m a huge Sopranos nerd haha

30 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Hi pal, welcome to the boards. The Sopranos rules,  I’m a huge Sopranos nerd haha

Thank you for the kind welcome. YES, we can nerd out. I watched the whole series for the first time a few months ago and wow. One of the only things that lived up to and exceeded the hype....

He was interior decorator or something .

Really? His house looked like shit...

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Thank you for the kind welcome. YES, we can nerd out. I watched the whole series for the first time a few months ago and wow. One of the only things that lived up to and exceeded the hype....

He was interior decorator or something .

Really? His house looked like shit...

Mix it with the relish!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, prankerd14 said:

Then. .

The shitty thing is love did not need to be two albums. He did that to delay working on Blink which was the most frustrating thing

27 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

they did sound bad. still, i hear you.

You really do start to like more raw production the more you age, it's weird. I wonder what the science is behind it. I think it really is similar to processed food.

I can only listen to In Utero and Unplugged in NY for Nirvana, I used to blast Nevermind everyday back when.

I remember thinking those videos sounded utter shit. I still do think they sound a bit shit, but the actual mixing of it is pretty damn good. Just wish the bass guitar was a tiny bit louder but outside of that it's good. Violence never has translated well live even with all the studio stuff on the backing tracks from 2009 and onwards.

• Like 2