The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 hour ago, Neal said:

This is the story about a "Rapper" that found out he doesnt have the chops for a sistainable career in rap, so he desperatly tried his luck at another genre and failed miserably.

Mgk is a fucking disgrace. Cant stand the cunt

Me neither. He sucks and only has fans because his fans think he’s a cute “bad boy.” We all know Diddy (the real Diddy, not me lol) is screwing him over on whatever contract he has with him 

2 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Right it's just marketed as pop punk, sounds like pop punk, every YouTube comment says it sounds like pop punk, it's produced by Travis, possibly Travis on drums, has power chords, pop punk style guitar parts, pop punk bass line, it's about a girl and has pop punk melodies. 

I'm pretty sure I could say grass is green and "the clique" would argue with me

Again, either admit you're wrong or give me an answer such as "it's not pop punk, it's punk pop!" Or "Alternative pop rock!"

So just because it probably has Travis on drums and has power chords it makes it pop punk? 

Come on dude. If you seriously think this sounds anything like the bands you listed then you should clean your ears.

Okay, I listened to the song and I think Feeling_This is alluding to the “pop punk mood” of the song, simply because MGK co-ops the pop punk/emo aesthetics as is the style for contemporary hip-hop. But that’s all the pop punk you can find in this song - and it’s not musical.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

So just because it probably has Travis on drums and has power chords it makes it pop punk? 

Come on dude. If you seriously think this sounds anything like the bands you listed then you should clean your ears.

If it was sung by Mark or Tom, then you would say differently.

Although apparently pop punk is totally dead and can't be created after 2005. So what genre are half the songs from California and Nine? Nobody has the guts to answer that yet, which I take as me winning the argument. @Neal

I'm surprised nobody got triggered by Speedo talking about the Ramones. That's very controversial to call them either pop-punk or punk. Many will argue both sides

Edited by Feeling_This_1

14 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Although apparently pop punk is totally dead and can't be created after 2005. So what genre are half the songs from California and Nine? Nobody has the guts to answer that yet, which I take as me winning the argument. @Neal

I'm surprised nobody got triggered by Speedo talking about the Ramones. That's very controversial to call them either pop-punk or punk. Many will argue both sides

That would be Feldmann rock.

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

You're triggered apparently. 

I'd definitely say pop punk is still around. Bands like New Found Glory & Yellowcard were clearly pop punk way after 2003. Sum 41 reverted back to pop punk for their Underlcass Hero album. t's basically an evolved genre nowadays. Ramones were the first of it yet they sound more punk rock than Green Day, Offspring etc.

What isn't pop punk to me though is bands like ATL, Panic, FOB etc. Maybe one or two songs from FOB, but that's about it. I'd call a band like The Wonder Years pop punk as well. Especially their earlier albums but I can admit there's a huge difference in their sound compared to the older pop punk bands. I just call their early albums modern pop punk but their last two albums they just invented their own sound really.

As for this MGK song, I guess it just depends on the listener. If it's pop punk for them, then it's pop punk. If it ain't pop punk, then it isn't. Similar to me refusing to call ATL a pop punk band, yet they're labelled as pop punk by most people.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

I'd definitely say pop punk is still around. Bands like New Found Glory & Yellowcard were clearly pop punk way after 2003. Sum 41 reverted back to pop punk for their Underlcass Hero album. t's basically an evolved genre nowadays. Ramones were the first of it yet they sound more punk rock than Green Day, Offspring etc.

What isn't pop punk to me though is bands like ATL, Panic, FOB etc. Maybe one or two songs from FOB, but that's about it. I'd call a band like The Wonder Years pop punk as well. Especially their earlier albums but I can admit there's a huge difference in their sound compared to the older pop punk bands. I just call their early albums modern pop punk but their last two albums they just invented their own sound really.

As for this MGK song, I guess it just depends on the listener. If it's pop punk for them, then it's pop punk. If it ain't pop punk, then it isn't. Similar to me refusing to call ATL a pop punk band, yet they're labelled as pop punk by most people.

Personally I thinks it's jazz.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

I think it identifies as post-hardcore 

One guy in the comment sections called the MGK song 80s and then ridiculed the other commenters for being too young for the 80s! I bet the guy has no clue he's insufferable and every one hates him.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Typical coward response when I made a fool of your boyfriend. "Who the fuck cares" about anything posted on this forum. The men are talking, see ya! 

Imagine if I said blink 182 wasn't pop punk lol you would have your unclever jokes at the ready.

Travis is producing the album, so my posts are within the rules of the topic. You, Speedo, and Kay... Not so much

Wtf. Why is this pedo still allowed to post here? He definitely has some issues. 

Who the fuck cares = Who cares if a band/song is labeled as pop punk or not. Putting a label on a song makes no sense. Does this MGK song have pop punk elements? Yeah. But important is if you like the song or not. Not so difficult, right...?

• Like 1