Jump to content
 

The blink 182 general discussion topic


Recommended Posts

Ry- nice pics. Do you save ur own version of a timeline (pics, tweets, news, etc)? You seem like a wealth of blink nfo with an incredible memory.

I ask for 2 reasons;

- i was browsing the timeline site, and a couple of the links i clicked on are dead/missing now. So i was wondering if anyone has a personal 'back-up' of every tweet convo/pic/article etc, that is part of blink history, just so we lose things forever

- i was going to ask anyone out there if they kept a list of travis' side project songs over the last year approx. Ive started to lose track, amd was hoping an official record keeper could just copy and paste for me

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 82.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Ghent

    4924

  • Donald Trump's Bulge

    3424

  • M!ke

    3128

  • Chewy030

    3125

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally got this painted up, I think it turned out pretty nice!  

holy fuck I'm shaking.  Producer calls me at 12:15 says he'll be calling back in about an hour.   Called at 1255 and it was Mark pretending to be the producer, I mentioned  how blink-182online wa

I’ve been dabbling in wood carving the last few months. This ones not done, but thought I would share

Posted Images

On 4/21/2020 at 4:16 PM, Speedo said:

Or, you know, he just wanted to do something else.

- with someone else

On 4/21/2020 at 6:54 PM, Ghent said:

All blink is for Tom is a tool to help AVA promotion.

And why shouldn't he? He created blink, it's all his work that made blink the promotion tool for AVA. Totally don't get this argument. If you created something that got that big, wouldn't you use it as well to get recognition for new endeavors? He earned it.

  • Crab 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Most people who create something very big try to get out of it's shadow and create something new afterward that is respected on its own merits. They don't quit something big, just to ride on its coattails through cheap promotion gimmicks for the rest of their career.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

While I think that California and Nine are absolute trash and it disappoints me so much that the three of them couldn't produce anything better, the root of all this is still because of Tom being a douche.  His ego being out of control in 05 and forward is 100% the reason.  Yeah Mark and Travis could have maybe met some more of his demands but they were just looking out for the band.  AVA will be remembered for nothing besides being Tom from Blink 182.  I would place AVA at the bottom of the list that Tom will be remembered for: 1. Blink 2. crazy alien guy 3. BCR 4. AVA.  And Tom acting like AVA is high art is laughable (though Dreamwalker and forward is pretty good).  Just adding a delay effect and lyrics like "I think I like today, I think it's gooooood" does not make the music avant-garde.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, BlinkFloyd said:

While I think that California and Nine are absolute trash and it disappoints me so much that the three of them couldn't produce anything better, the root of all this is still because of Tom being a douche.  His ego being out of control in 05 and forward is 100% the reason.  Yeah Mark and Travis could have maybe met some more of his demands but they were just looking out for the band.  AVA will be remembered for nothing besides being Tom from Blink 182.  I would place AVA at the bottom of the list that Tom will be remembered for: 1. Blink 2. crazy alien guy 3. BCR 4. AVA.  And Tom acting like AVA is high art is laughable (though Dreamwalker and forward is pretty good).  Just adding a delay effect and lyrics like "I think I like today, I think it's gooooood" does not make the music avant-garde.

pink floyd was such a great band i listened to atomic mother the other day and was re-afirmed in my belief of how good they were

 

"While I think that California and Nine are absolute trash and it disappoints me so much that the three of them couldn't produce anything better"

i agree with that quote

if u listen to the new the used album heartwork(comes out this friday but leaked now)

it will give u a great idea of how good feldman is as a producer and how much he can deliver

confirming that the prob is mark and skiba not being able to modernise themself and try something new

heaven was a fantastic song but that was writen by someone else musicly wise

the rest of the album is in general rather stale and mostly re-ash of re-hash that doesnt realy bring anything to do table aside of some interesting parts here and there

 

they tried 2 frankstein this new version of blink to appeal comericaly and it realy stinks 

instead of just letting it b what it wanted to b

like blink did originaly when they did blink

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ghent said:

Most people who create something very big try to get out of it's shadow and create something new afterward that is respected on its own merits. They don't quit something big, just to ride on its coattails through cheap promotion gimmicks for the rest of their career.

It's hard when your spirit's as strong as Tom's.

  • Crab 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Neal said:

I dont try to hate on the fact they rarely are in the studio all together. I just find it dumb it always gets brought up negatively when talking about neighborhoods.

Have you any proof of them being all three of them in the studio at the same time for recording nine?

Not that it matters, but i hate how it's a catastrophy if tom wants to work like it but its totally okay right now.

Get your opinion straight mate

I have to thank Ry for posting those photos cause I was never going to go to that much effort.

My opinions are straight mate. But just cause you don’t like new blink that much doesn’t mean you should just make up stories to make your point seem more valid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

- with someone else

And why shouldn't he? He created blink, it's all his work that made blink the promotion tool for AVA. Totally don't get this argument. If you created something that got that big, wouldn't you use it as well to get recognition for new endeavors? He earned it.

He can use blink to help promote Ava sure. But when you lie and less on your fans and band mates for years about doing new music for blink when you’re only actually going to do Ava shit then that’s being a cunt. Plain and simple.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I dabbled in the boards a few years back, I can't remember if I have to throw my hat in the ring and do an akward icebreaker.

Here it is. Brit, blink fan since 2013. Reluctant cat person. My forearms are basically hairless. Good afternoon and morning to you fine bunch

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

I dabbled in the boards a few years back, I can't remember if I have to throw my hat in the ring and do an akward icebreaker.

Here it is. Brit, blink fan since 2013. Reluctant cat person. My forearms are basically hairless. Good afternoon and morning to you fine bunch

How do you feel about Oasis?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

I dabbled in the boards a few years back, I can't remember if I have to throw my hat in the ring and do an akward icebreaker.

Here it is. Brit, blink fan since 2013. Reluctant cat person. My forearms are basically hairless. Good afternoon and morning to you fine bunch

Wonderful introduction, no one ever talks about their arm hair around here. Welcome aboard! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kay said:

Wonderful introduction, no one ever talks about their arm hair around here. Welcome aboard! 

Thank you Kay for the welcome, appreciate it. I will do my best to supplement that very gap 

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

He can use blink to help promote Ava sure. But when you lie and less on your fans and band mates for years about doing new music for blink when you’re only actually going to do Ava shit then that’s being a cunt. Plain and simple.

You’re acting like he’s personally let you down. He doesn’t owe any fans shit. You don’t know if he ever lied either, totally fan fiction from your part.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

You’re acting like he’s personally let you down. He doesn’t owe any fans shit. You don’t know if he ever lied either, totally fan fiction from your part.

He did let me down. We were promised new music, continually told it was coming and being worked on when in truth Tom was never interested in doing it. He doesn't owe us anything sure but the all he had to do is be honest from the start rather then just use the blink name to fund his other projects while stringing the fans along is wrong no matter how you try to spin it. I have 0 issues with Tom/Ava now and fully support him since he is honest about what he's doing and how he has no interest in doing blink but pretending that reunion Tom behaved right is ridiculous. I'll trust Mark and Travis word when they say Tom was being dishonest with the fans so yeah no fan fiction here.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

He did let me down. We were promised new music, continually told it was coming and being worked on when in truth Tom was never interested in doing it. He doesn't owe us anything sure but the all he had to do is be honest from the start rather then just use the blink name to fund his other projects while stringing the fans along is wrong no matter how you try to spin it. I have 0 issues with Tom/Ava now and fully support him since he is honest about what he's doing and how he has no interest in doing blink but pretending that reunion Tom behaved right is ridiculous. I'll trust Mark and Travis word when they say Tom was being dishonest with the fans so yeah no fan fiction here.

Yeah, we were promised new music, and that was probably true when he said it, but things came in the way. As I’m the same way as Tom (at least how I interpret how he is) I understand why he does things like that. No sense of arguing this, were not going anywhere with it.
 

I will say though that I truly believe that the blink reunion was a little bigger than Tom expected, I think he never intended blink to be number one on his priority list even though it became that way no matter how hard he tried. This is, of course, fan fiction from me as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I may dislike current blink and really dig Toms later work, but there's really no excusing Toms past behaviour. Dude was a straight up prick. Arrogant, conceited, selfish and blind to what was going on around him, and he still is sometimes, only now he also seems totally fucking nuts so it's less irritating and more sad. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Yeah, we were promised new music, and that was probably true when he said it, but things came in the way. As I’m the same way as Tom (at least how I interpret how he is) I understand why he does things like that. No sense of arguing this, were not going anywhere with it.
 

I will say though that I truly believe that the blink reunion was a little bigger than Tom expected, I think he never intended blink to be number one on his priority list even though it became that way no matter how hard he tried. This is, of course, fan fiction from me as well.

If things come in the way then just be honest. "I thought i wanted to do this but my heart isn't in this. It's not what i want my main priority to be. sorry." There. That would have solved every issue I and a lot of others have with how Tom behaved. Instead he kept acting like he intended to record when he knew he was never going to commit just to fund his other projects. Its dodgy.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...