The blink 182 general discussion topic

Ari

This is my first time hearing that song and.... sorry to bring up painful topics of the past, but yes this definitely counts as "pop punk" in my mind. It's mediocre but it would've fit right in with the endless amount of mediocre pop punk bands in the early 2000s.

• Like 3

I find it very interesting how often Mark replies to people who ask if Tom is coming back. If he didn’t want Tom back at all you would think he would just ignore those questions.  

Part of me thinks there has been at least some communication about Tom coming back at some point in the future. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ghent said:

It's inevitable that Tom comes back. I just hope he does it in a way that is for blink and the fans and not a blatant cash grab or marketing tool. I think Mark will guard against that.

I tend to agree with everything you just said here. That being said, do you think Tom is ever capable of choosing blink over his other endeavors and it not being a cash grab?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

I tend to agree with everything you just said here. That being said, do you think Tom is ever capable of choosing blink over his other endeavors and it not being a cash grab?

That's the big question. 

11 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I don't even care, as long as the music good then I'm a happy camper. 

I agree with this too lol. But I’d like to see Tom at least try and not sound like a dying horse while singing. I want him to sound better than he did during their last shows together. And I want him to bring back the Mesa Boogies. Lol now I’m just getting greedy. 

• Like 2

Just now, Diddy Faplord said:

I agree with this too lol. But I’d like to see Tom at least try and not sound like a dying horse while singing. I want him to sound better than he did during their last shows together. And I want him to bring back the Mesa Boogies. Lol now I’m just getting greedy. 

See, I don't have any real desire to see them live so, for me, I just need something good on Spotify that I can listen to solidly for a week and maybe revisit every so often. I stopped going to big shows years ago, theyre expensive and crowded. Tom can hoot and poot on stage like a rabid chimp for all I care, just need a good studio recording.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

It's inevitable that Tom comes back. I just hope he does it in a way that is for blink and the fans and not a blatant cash grab or marketing tool. I think Mark will guard against that.

As much as I love Tom's work since he left blink again, I wouldn't want it to be where there is hardly any blink news for about 3 years then they meet up like 2-3 times every 6 months to record. That's how it literally was. I'd be happy for blink to continue with Skiba if they continue and progress from where Nine left off. Great album. Just no more California!

• Like 2