The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

tom founded blink in august 1992. so one of these days is blink's 18th birthday :D i think it should be 08/21, because it has the blink numbers :D and it's my birthday too :$

was thinking this too. and perfect timing! 21st is gonna be an awesome night for me. :D friends and I got a lot to celebrate...

-a birthday

-going away party to 4 people

-10 years of friendship (yeah cheezy, whatevs :P)

-quarter-century crisis...you know. being/turning 25. haha!

might as well throw in blink's 18th, since at least 5 of us are fans, and 3 of us...ultra fans. :lol:

even though they were "broken up" for 4 years...well...I discredited that term the whole time and hung on to "indefinite hiatus"  :lol:

tom founded blink in august 1992. so one of these days is blink's 18th birthday :D i think it should be 08/21, because it has the blink numbers :D and it's my birthday too :$

was thinking this too. and perfect timing! 21st is gonna be an awesome night for me. :D friends and I got a lot to celebrate...

-a birthday

-going away party to 4 people

-10 years of friendship (yeah cheezy, whatevs :P)

-quarter-century crisis...you know. being/turning 25. haha!

might as well throw in blink's 18th, since at least 5 of us are fans, and 3 of us...ultra fans. :lol:

even though they were "broken up" for 4 years...well...I discredited that term the whole time and hung on to "indefinite hiatus"  :lol:

people in coma still have their birthdays :D blink in hiatus/broken-up-state is the same :D

and the 18th bday in europe means uuuh the band can legally drink alcohol  :-o:lol:

btw, have a good time :)

tumblr_l749gkFm911qa144lo1_500.jpg

new blink shirt.

I saw that at Hot Topic today when I went to buy the new Four Year Strong vinyl. I was super tempted to get it. Didn't want to shell out $20+ though. Plus, I'm a spoiled Oregonian with zero sales tax and I could get it for a few bucks cheaper at back at home (I'm in So Cal right now).

new blink shirt.

I saw that at Hot Topic today when I went to buy the new Four Year Strong vinyl. I was super tempted to get it. Didn't want to shell out $20+ though. Plus, I'm a spoiled Oregonian with zero sales tax and I could get it for a few bucks cheaper at back at home (I'm in So Cal right now).

Haha weird I was at HT yesterday too (was shopping in the States for the day), saw that. Never have seen it before, thought it was rad except the thumbs up is lame imo. Turned me off from buying

Tom just posted a new blog on Modlife, surprisingly not premium. I sometimes think if some fans are misled by some of these blogs, considering he said "we are in Scotland" on the AVA Modlife with the whole AVA logo at the top of the video.

That's on all their videos now and their modcams, has been for awhile.

new blink shirt.

Just saw that shirt in 2 Hot Topics in Cali.  I thought it was new.  Didn't buy it though.  Already have enough blink shirts.

If this has been posted sorry,

Cool questions with Tom in FRONT:

You look short, but youre actually really big. Whats going on?

Its the wierdist thing. Nobody can ever believe how tall i am. Its a combination of things. I think the way i play guitar makes me not look giant, and mark is really tall too, plus for the first years of my band i wore really baggy clothing, which made me look smaller.

What would have happened if Dude Ranch hadnt sold so much and made you guys big

dude, i dont even know how it did get big. Back then we were still trying to learn how to play intruments, and barely knew how to record anything. I always wondered how people heard something that was better than it was. I always liked our music, but i think these people invested into us. They heard something in this young band, and thought wed get better through time.

Is it wierd being like an elder statesman of pop punk?

Elder statesman? Nah, man, were more like the fucked up politicians involved in nothing but scandals