The blink 182 general discussion topic

23 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

So, @daveyjones and I spoke for 4 hours last night and haven't even gotten into the Josie video and Scott's departure... (Lasagna was covered.) This may become a #saga.

@daveyjones and I met up once before he moved out of Cali, and god damn, it was like meeting up with a blink museum curator. Super nice guy too. Seriously is the real deal and probably the best source of old info of blink on these boards.

• Like 5
  • Replies 83.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghent

• Donald Trump's Bulge

• Chewy030

• M!ke

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally got this painted up, I think it turned out pretty nice!  

holy fuck I'm shaking.  Producer calls me at 12:15 says he'll be calling back in about an hour.   Called at 1255 and it was Mark pretending to be the producer, I mentioned  how blink-182online wa

I’ve been dabbling in wood carving the last few months. This ones not done, but thought I would share

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

So, @daveyjones and I spoke for 4 hours last night and haven't even gotten into the Josie video and Scott's departure... (Lasagna was covered.) This may become a #saga.

He's a legend for sure and I'm glad that he's part of our blink community, really glad to have his insight and point of view here, much appreciated!

Can't wait to hear his episode!

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

looking forward to our remaining session(s)!

also if anyone has specific questions for me, please post them here. maybe this will help me answer @Ry-Bread directly and not ramble on and on like i did last night...

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Bucko said:

Maybe its the quarantine talking, butI actually think they still have it in their locker (Mark, Tom and Travis) if they actually focused solely on making music and hired an old house again.  

I had the same thoughts after DED, I still feel that an album full of songs written and recorded by the three of them in the same room would be an amazing thing, even by the today’s version of them. 

• Sad 1
4 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

I had the same thoughts after DED, I still feel that an album full of songs written and recorded by the three of them in the same room would be an amazing thing, even by the today’s version of them. 

It genuinely makes me so sad. That it all ended while they were in their peak. The fact is they only have a limited number of years left to do it and Tom's so focused on his alien shit I just don't see it happening 😔

• Sad 1

I know this has been said a million times - I was watching live videos from 2004, particularly enamoured with the A Letter To Elise cover, literally it's fucking magical. If they could have held it together, that album that they should've made in 2005 would have been...wow. They were at the top, and it all imploded

1 hour ago, Rocky Braveheart said:

I really enjoy the lo-fi style, but i wish they'd knocked the child-like singing off after the intro. Was really jarring with the guy that wasn't Mark. Also enjoyed Marks bit, but his voice didn't really suit it for me. 

Also this isn't related to your post, but shit ! A Norwich fan, I'm from Norfolk too. Big up Darren Huckerby 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Rocky Braveheart said:

I really enjoy the lo-fi style, but i wish they'd knocked the child-like singing off after the intro. Was really jarring with the guy that wasn't Mark. Also enjoyed Marks bit, but his voice didn't really suit it for me. 

It just really clashed with the other vocalist (the child-like voice).

8 hours ago, Bucko said:

It genuinely makes me so sad. That it all ended while they were in their peak. The fact is they only have a limited number of years left to do it and Tom's so focused on his alien shit I just don't see it happening 😔

No it won't ever happen

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Rocky Braveheart said:

Oh shit, no way?! Whereabouts are you bud? Love Hucks, bet he could still do a job for us!!

Ah fuck it, ma never said reveal your whereabouts on the internet but I'm from mighty Thetford, the armpit of Norfolk. What about you, Norwich born and bred? Small world my friend.

Haha, he was a player, the glory days of him and Dean Ashton