The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

9 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

making this limited was kinda shitty

hoping for another release of some kind

I’m assuming first run will be limited then they’ll flog our a standard black or something. It’d be moronic not too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

making this limited was kinda shitty

hoping for another release of some kind

Mark, Tom, and Travis Show was initially limited too, but in recent years became much more available.  Hopefully we don't have to wait that long to see more physical versions of DED on sale, but I do think this isn't the last we'll have seen of physical releases for Dogs Eating Dogs regardless.

8 hours ago, M!ke said:

Mark, Tom, and Travis Show was initially limited too, but in recent years became much more available.  Hopefully we don't have to wait that long to see more physical versions of DED on sale, but I do think this isn't the last we'll have seen of physical releases for Dogs Eating Dogs regardless.

MTTS was "limited" to at least 500,000 copies because it went gold in 2001. i think the limited hype sticker on the CD was more marketing than anything. 

2 hours ago, wannabe corn dog said:

MTTS was "limited" to at least 500,000 copies because it went gold in 2001. i think the limited hype sticker on the CD was more marketing than anything. 

”Marketed as a limited edition release, The Mark, Tom, and Travis Show was initially available for only two months at retail. During that time, the album sold over 500,000 copies in the US, earning a gold certification” - Wikipedia 

On 6/30/2020 at 12:32 PM, Patient #48273 said:

Pretty Little Girl is a creepy enough song title; Pretty Little Girls is absolutely horrifying.

#cancelblink182 #everythingiscreepy #canceltomdelonge #weneedanswers #justiceagainsttomdelonge #lockhimup #changethesongtitle #patienthasadirtymind

7 hours ago, wannabe corn dog said:

I mean it was limited to 500,000 copies, but that limitation was very real.  Back in the late 2000s (2007ish/2008ish I think), I tried to buy a new copy of the album, but couldn't find one anywhere, sure you could get it used, but new copies were nowhere to be found, and I looked for at least a year or two.  

1 hour ago, M!ke said:

I mean it was limited to 500,000 copies, but that limitation was very real.  Back in the late 2000s (2007ish/2008ish I think), I tried to buy a new copy of the album, but couldn't find one anywhere, sure you could get it used, but new copies were nowhere to be found, and I looked for at least a year or two.  

I saw it really cheap at a second hand store here a while ago and I wondered what I would've done had that been in 2002 when I searched everywhere for it. 

4 hours ago, M!ke said:

all i was saying is that 500k copies of a CD is a laughably large amount to be considered "limited" in comparison to a 2500 vinyl pressing.

for the year 2000, i can see how that could sell out quickly when it was one of the only ways to hear it and the band was bigger than ever. i struggled to find a copy for myself for many years and i was searching for one in stores as far back as 2002. you shouldn't have been surprised about not finding one in 2008, though. CDs were dead by then and i'm sure most of blink's back catalog was no longer in print, just whatever was left in stock was still available to buy.