Jump to content
 
Ari

The blink 182 general discussion topic

Recommended Posts

On blink italia Instagram he has an interview with john feldman, basically talking about new blink, the guy asks whats your plans this couple of week and john says ill be working with travis and mark on new blink music...

Completely leaves matts name out all interview... definitely seems like john feldman is recording all the guitar parts to mark on pro tools..

So sad to see matt get no input whatsoever....he definitely is a band member for hire doesnt seem part of the band at all..

Please go back to trio matt!

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, iguessthisisgrowingup said:

"classic blink" to feldman is california, so this is terrible news

they might have well just replace matt with feldman if they're going to keep treating him like a touring musician

Yea I was honestly confused. I thought this was a post from 2016 because this is exactly what he said before they released California lol

and you’re right, he doesn’t even mention skiba in regards to working on new blink material 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does that greasy Italian loser get an interview with Feldman? It's a match made in heaven I guess. How many Italian fans could blink 182 possibly have lol what a joke

  • Crab 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

How does that greasy Italian loser get an interview with Feldman? It's a match made in heaven I guess. How many Italian fans could blink 182 possibly have lol what a joke

Learn to read cunt

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

How many Italian fans could blink 182 possibly have lol what a joke

A lot. People are crazy for blink in Italy. When they came here for the reunion tour in 2010 they played in a sold out outdoor arena of 30k people. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Elisa said:

A lot. People are crazy for blink in Italy. When they came here for the reunion tour in 2010 they played in a sold out outdoor arena of 30k people. 

I didn't hear any Blink songs being sung from quarantined balconies!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, prankerd14 said:

 

I mean, it's been beaten to death at this point but he's more of a member of the band than Matt Skiba. He's writing the music with Mark and passing lyrics back and forth, presumably recording guitar, what is Skiba other than the guy who writes a few lyrics and then fills in because Feldy is too busy to tour?

46exqo.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But for real, just end the charade at this point. I don't dislike Skiba on a personal level at all, but it's been an awkward fit ever since he became an official member. The high point of his time in the band was the first time he filled in at Musink. But it ESPECIALLY felt hollow as soon as they went in a musical direction that he's never brought to the table in any of his other projects. They come across as coworkers more than friends or even bandmates who are remotely passionate about their musical partnership.

Feldy makes music nowadays that I don't like, and I reallyyy don't appreciate the direction that he has taken Blink's music as a writer/producer, but at least he's passionate about what he does and apparently his sensibilities fit with what Mark and Travis want Blink to be. Just hire Feldy, at the very least we'd have 3 guys who are clearly close friends, who clearly enjoy making music together, and who would help the live show regain a ton of energy too.

It wouldn't be in the same galaxy as it used to be when Blink was actually still Blink, or even up to the level of the music that came out of the Reunion era, but it would at least be the clear collective vision of the people in the band, and something that each of the members truly felt passionate about and enjoyed being a part of. That's a very low bar, but it's something I can't really say about anything that's been put out under the Blink name since Untitled.

Just go all in, fellas. Let Skiba go free to try and reclaim his reputation after this strange experiment, and hire the person you actually want to make music with. You have my permission. I just want you to be happy.

giphy.gif

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Learn to read cunt

I'm actually relieved now. Those guys actually get inside scoops sometimes, no clue how 

8 hours ago, Elisa said:

A lot. People are crazy for blink in Italy. When they came here for the reunion tour in 2010 they played in a sold out outdoor arena of 30k people. 

I'm not denying that. More making a joke it's not even a top 5 country for blink. It's totally random that an Italian fan group somehow has inside sources. They knew about Tom's girlfriend months before everyone else

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, prankerd14 said:

 

How many times have we heard that bullshit?

 

We'll probably get more crap like California and Nine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jamie said:

How many times have we heard that bullshit?

 

We'll probably get more crap like California and Nine.

Feldmann with a goatee scares me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Champ182 said:

But for real, just end the charade at this point. I don't dislike Skiba on a personal level at all, but it's been an awkward fit ever since he became an official member. The high point of his time in the band was the first time he filled in at Musink. But it ESPECIALLY felt hollow as soon as they went in a musical direction that he's never brought to the table in any of his other projects. They come across as coworkers more than friends or even bandmates who are remotely passionate about their musical partnership.

Feldy makes music nowadays that I don't like, and I reallyyy don't appreciate the direction that he has taken Blink's music as a writer/producer, but at least he's passionate about what he does and apparently his sensibilities fit with what Mark and Travis want Blink to be. Just hire Feldy, at the very least we'd have 3 guys who are clearly close friends, who clearly enjoy making music together, and who would help the live show regain a ton of energy too.

It wouldn't be in the same galaxy as it used to be when Blink was actually still Blink, or even up to the level of the music that came out of the Reunion era, but it would at least be the clear collective vision of the people in the band, and something that each of the members truly felt passionate about and enjoyed being a part of. That's a very low bar, but it's something I can't really say about anything that's been put out under the Blink name since Untitled.

Just go all in, fellas. Let Skiba go free to try and reclaim his reputation after this strange experiment, and hire the person you actually want to make music with. You have my permission. I just want you to be happy.

giphy.gif

I agree Feldy would have been a better fit than Skiba from the get go. He’d be another alpha male type like Tom to mesh and collaborate with Mark. I mean he’s already doing that, he would probably play the songs better live as well 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

I agree Feldy would have been a better fit than Skiba from the get go. He’d be another alpha male type like Tom to mesh and collaborate with Mark. I mean he’s already doing that, he would probably play the songs better live as well 

It would have been more interesting and even more controversial but no...I can't believe people actually feel this way.  He's far too old I don't even care if he's more energetic.  Skiba is a way better fit and I hatttteee Skiba in blink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

It would have been more interesting and even more controversial but no...I can't believe people actually feel this way.  He's far too old I don't even care if he's more energetic.  Skiba is a way better fit and I hatttteee Skiba in blink.

Too old? Who cares, is he any older than Mark? Not by much if he is, and he has more hair than Skiba anyways. Plus, Goldfinger >>>Ak3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Too old? Who cares, is he any older than Mark? Not by much if he is, and he has more hair than Skiba anyways. Plus, Goldfinger >>>Ak3

He is dude, even when blink was in their heyday Goldfinger was kind of the 'older' band

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2020 at 10:59 AM, Champ182 said:

Blink is featured on today's Rivals podcast, this series has been pretty good and I'm excited to see what they say about Tom and Mark!

(Background on the podcast: "Beatles vs. Stones. Biggie vs. Tupac. Kanye vs. Taylor. Who do you choose? And what does that say about you? Actually, what do these endlessly argued-about pop music rivalries say about us? Music opinions bring out passionate debate in people, and music journalists/critics Steven Hyden and Jordan Runtagh know this firsthand. They’re both obsessed with the biggest (as well as the most obscure) rivalries in music history. Each week, they’ll break down the details of a different colorful feud, and attempt to figure out why many of our favorite pop and rock stars can’t seem to get along.")

This is straight up one of the worst pod casts I’ve ever heard.  These guys are just making fun of blink the whole time, and have almost no correct information so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jan's Plan said:

He is dude, even when blink was in their heyday Goldfinger was kind of the 'older' band

Yea, I know he’s old there is no disputing that. But I feel Once they reach a certain age, it’s all the same. Not like they’re holding onto their youth like it was 1999 just because Skiba is in the band 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Yea, I know he’s old there is no disputing that. But I feel Once they reach a certain age, it’s all the same. Not like they’re holding onto their youth like it was 1999 just because Skiba is in the band 

I mean they're more relatable to Skiba than Goldfinger/Feldmann, it would just be weird.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...