The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

34 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

It's really normal for bands to play deeper cuts or new songs, even famous ones

Mark just needs to get over his “90 minute ideal set list” idea. Add 20-30 extra minutes of deep cuts and new songs combined with the current set list and it’ll be pretty perfect.

• Like 3
  • Crab 1

1 minute ago, Russel Coight said:

Mark just needs to get over his “90 minute ideal set list” idea. Add 20-30 extra minutes of deep cuts and new songs combined with the current set list and it’ll be pretty perfect.

I don't think his voice would hold up.

1 minute ago, Speedo said:

I don't think his voice would hold up.

Possibly. But let’s just say add 6 more songs, 3 Mark and 3 Matt, have a second encore and a bit of a banter and then you’ve got that 30 or so minutes. I’m sure he could handle that.

Billie Joe Armstrong can handle it and he and Mark are the same age.

3 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Possibly. But let’s just say add 6 more songs, 3 Mark and 3 Matt, have a second encore and a bit of a banter and then you’ve got that 30 or so minutes. I’m sure he could handle that.

Billie Joe Armstrong can handle it and he and Mark are the same age.

The difference is Billie Joe takes care of his voice and trains it. Mark, as far as I can tell, doesn't.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Speedo said:

The difference is Billie Joe takes care of his voice and trains it. Mark, as far as I can tell, doesn't.

That’s why Mark >> Billie cunt. 

Imagine a punk rocker taking care of his voice 😂😂 fucking poser cunts

10 hours ago, Speedo said:

Do they not already already? 

Only on Darkside, they go down a semitone to Eb. They used to, pre break up/backing tracks play Adam’s Song a semitone down from the album too. 

Like Davey said they need to play a majority of the set down a semi tone. Leave some songs like I Miss You in standard tuning cause Mark couldn’t sing it comfortably any lower. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Playing longer than 70 minutes should not be a thing. 

• Crab 3

50 minutes ago, Hyland said:

Only on Darkside, they go down a semitone to Eb. They used to, pre break up/backing tracks play Adam’s Song a semitone down from the album too. 

Like Davey said they need to play a majority of the set down a semi tone. Leave some songs like I Miss You in standard tuning cause Mark couldn’t sing it comfortably any lower. 

Then they will have to re-record their "backing tracks". 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thongrider said:

Then they will have to re-record their "backing tracks". 

Not necessarily, there are plugins in pro tools or whatever DAW that allow for both pitch and time adjustment without changing the tonality/quality. I’m pretty sure that’s what they did with the Darkside backing track that has the down tuned guitar/backing vocals. With that plugin they could also do what Chris Holmes talked about on Ry’s podcast (he mentioned live 155 by +44 might be 160bpm some nights if they felt like they wanted the extra energy, he was their live backing track guy on tour). 

all in all would love for them to tune down a half step and speed everything up 5bpm, that way they can still play to tracks and their sync’d programmed light show just with a little more speed and less vocal fatigue 

• Like 1

Didn't Mark once say that people don't come out to hear deep cuts, when talking about playing online songs? Like...what

Give me Apple Shampoo over First Date  every day of the week, mind you that would be pretty hard on his voice too. Or more acoustic mini sets, they were fucking amazing and always work to their voices

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Scott. said:

That’s why Mark >> Billie cunt. 

Imagine a punk rocker taking care of his voice 😂😂 fucking poser cunts

Lol wow. Yea, imagine taking care of your money maker. Imagine a UFC fighter training and staying in shape! So stupid of them! Marks so punk rawk because he doesn’t train his voice fuck the system so punk rock dude!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1