The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

4 hours ago, NotNow said:

“Listening to the most recent episode, near the beginning Mark says that after recently watching the Beastie Boys documentary he was so pumped he felt like calling up Tom to get the band back together and do fun shit”

Is this true?

Like recently or years ago?

11 minutes ago, Speedo said:

That annoys me. Did you tell him that's fucking annoying? 

tom was all about the arpegios and hammer-ons. he went to AC/DC's "thunderstruck" academy of music.

but as i've said before, that's one thing that made blink stand out in the scene. everyone was doing the octave chords after NOFX established the style. and you had metal-influenced technical bands like strung out. but no one was doing this goofy, 'i just learned my major scales' hammer-on stuff. it made tom distinctive.

• Like 7

On 8/29/2020 at 6:45 PM, Russel Coight said:

There’s no need for a thread really. 

Mark made a discord, here’s the invite:

https://discord.gg/xeM8hv9

It’s cool. He’s been pretty active in there. At least in the video games channel. He answered a couple of questions I asked him about his switch.

There’s a blink channel so we might get some cool answers to some questions if we’re lucky enough and no edge-lords(Jan) join up just to give him shit and drive him away.

I got a +44 answer today!

Idk if it was a stupid question or not, but he answered it!!

Asked the meaning of "scraped" from "scraped and sober"

He replied: "scraped empty"

:grin:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, prankerd14 said:

Im pretty new to discord but is there anyway just to see marks responses and not have to scroll through years worth of fans talking shit?

You can search by user I’m pretty sure. Choose a channel and there should be a search bar or icon up top right. Should be able to search and find mark’s posts that way.

57 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I'm so confused by discord. It's essentially just a chatroom? I feel like I've been transported to 1999. Haven't used a chatroom since I was a wee lad.

It's really convoluted and I fucking hate it but it's screen sharing stuff built in is uuseful.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, NotNow said:

On his latest Apple Music show. Someone in his discord said that. I can’t access the show so I have no idea. Figured more people would point that out if he did say it

Until we have evidence i won't fully trust the quote but i do think it somewhat shows it's pretty much Mark's call if and when Tom comes back. But i do hope it's true because at least it means Mark is nostalgic and can remember some good times with Tom.

2 hours ago, NotNow said:

The Adventure was a blink song according to Mark. Damn

Also surprised to hear that ghost on the dance floor is in marks top four list for neighborhoods

I imagine it was the main riff / chord progression is what he's referring to, I can't quite believe they had it fully fleshed out to the same degree as what we hear on the AVA record.