The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

25 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

my first thought was, if tickets to my downfall was the latest blink album instead of NINE (all songs as written, just pretend it was mark, matt, and travis) this would be album of the year.

i still dislike the dude's "fake british" vocal affectation. it's like lint's voice in rancid. just, yea, no.

I'd get tickets to Downfall. If they did a reunion show. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jan's Plan said:

I can't see you liking it.  It resonates with my poppier side.

no, see above. this hits a good pop spot for me too. i don't *just* listen to punk music. i just like the punk, well, punk.

i think his lyrics more than anything hit the high mark i wish blink could hit now. sadly, no. sigh.

• Like 1

Just now, Cheerios4u98 said:

I think it’s refreshing to hear new pop punk that isn’t a sung in a high pitched nasally voice. He has a unique voice for the genre.

This is one of the things I do like about him. Not a fan of the music but his voice suits pop punk perfectly. He definitely tops all the singers from the trash modern pop punk bands of the past 15 years.

I like it. Pretty good. Don’t like it as much as blink but that doesn’t matter. Still really good.

41 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

Who the fucked produced this? This sounds like Untitled

let’s not go to far. It sounds good but it’s no untitled.

• Like 2

MGK is a failed industry plan, they wanted him to be the next Eminem, but because that didn't work, he is rebelling and he's bringing back guitar music, which is good. 
The album is nice, it actually sounds genuine and fresh for an album that was planned in all its details with a very precise purpose, if this makes sense. (Sorry, my english is awful today, I'm too hungover haha).

• Like 4
  • Crab 1

12 hours ago, daveyjones said:

my first thought was, if tickets to my downfall was the latest blink album instead of NINE (all songs as written, just pretend it was mark, matt, and travis) this would be album of the year.

i still dislike the dude's "fake british" vocal affectation. it's like lint's voice in rancid. just, yea, no.

Lol what? I don’t hear that at all

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

I like it. Pretty good. Don’t like it as much as blink but that doesn’t matter. Still really good.

let’s not go to far. It sounds good but it’s no untitled.

It's obviously not that grand, but the production level is just top tier, why can't blink get whoever put this together?