The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

2 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

It sounds like a standard Feldy production to me

yeah, def sounds like travis just kinda aped feldmann's aggressively in-the-box digital style

22 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

blink-182 + MGK tour pls 

you just totally predicted the future. within the next five years. just watch

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

When he's on his A game (The Used).

So did Travis get feldy to mix this? Why is this so much better than blink

It really doesn't sound any better than what blink has put out dude. You just like it better. There's less going on in each song then you find in blink currently but that's a style/genre choice.

40 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Travis can play drums for MGK when they open for blink. Then Scott can play for the first 10 blink songs which will only be pre enema. Then Travis finishes the show with Mark and Tom and they only play songs from pre Neighborhoods. 

What in the good God fuck are you talking about? 

32 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

It really doesn't sound any better than what blink has put out dude. You just like it better. There's less going on in each song then you find in blink currently but that's a style/genre choice.

Jan's just excited.

43 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I’ve seen live videos of him playing guitar! 

I will say as much as I enjoy the album nothing on it comes close to “I Think I’m Okay.” Such a great song!

Yeah, apparently he did 3 songs with Yungblud again as well as one with The Used, not sure why they didn't make the album but he said he's saving them for something special, so maybe a EP or Deluxe Edition of the album? 

• Like 1

Ok, I had something I wanted to share the other day, but I can't think of it now-of course!

But, on the MGK album-I feel it was a great effort! Still, there are several "meh" moments. I think it just made it worse when someone compared the talking tracks to Tom and Mark banter. I was like, um hell no!! I think the singles are still some of the best parts. I forget which other/s I liked now... I will say, I thought "Kiss Kiss the Bottle" was quite annoying. 😕

20 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

I think I'm more shocked that Travis is this masterful producer?..?   Am I just out of the loop, has he done this before?

Still interested to hear who mixed it, helped write all the guitar.

Travis has produced heaps of stuff. It’s mainly all the stuff he’s done with rappers.