Jump to content
 

The blink 182 general discussion topic


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Depf said:

can't recall tom singing more than one syllable on go live.

the bridge for feeling this comes to mind though... cf. feeling this@trl

 

Oh, like I said, I don't really know. Was just going off what the other member said

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 81.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Ghent

    4921

  • Donald Trump's Bulge

    3424

  • M!ke

    3128

  • Chewy030

    3123

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

holy fuck I'm shaking.  Producer calls me at 12:15 says he'll be calling back in about an hour.   Called at 1255 and it was Mark pretending to be the producer, I mentioned  how blink-182online wa

I’ve been dabbling in wood carving the last few months. This ones not done, but thought I would share

Stay tuned for more info on this, Matt is sending me these handwritten lyrics to “Black Rain” to raise money with, 100% of the proceeds will go to the family of George Floyd.  

Posted Images

Just now, Speedo said:

No one said Feeling_kids was good at being a pedo-rapist, just that he's a pedo-rapist.

nah don't bait me with pizza if you dont deliver.

i was talking about your idea where/how to keep the student atholetes well fed and happy.

Re: blink w/Travis being imaginary: who knows what these fuckers do with holograms and AI. Until i see him give blood i am free to speculate.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Depf said:

nah don't bait me with pizza if you dont deliver.

i was talking about your idea where/how to keep the student atholetes well fed and happy.

Re: blink w/Travis being imaginary: who knows what these fuckers do with holograms and AI. Until i see him give blood i am free to speculate.

 

Philly, you look different. I crawled under a rock after you schooled me with your wicked rhymes

Link to post
Share on other sites

there was some talk about this a few days back, butttt... can anyone explain what the hell THIS was about?

the excitement in his voice seems to imply the current iteration of the band is not the same band... so why even use the name?

  • Like 2
  • Crab 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, boxelder said:

there was some talk about this a few days back, butttt... can anyone explain what the hell THIS was about?

the excitement in his voice seems to imply the current iteration of the band is not the same band... so why even use the name?

Whoa interesting. Somebody mentioned this when it aired but I honestly thought they were probably making it up because it seemed so far fetched haha. Very strange!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, boxelder said:

there was some talk about this a few days back, butttt... can anyone explain what the hell THIS was about?

the excitement in his voice seems to imply the current iteration of the band is not the same band... so why even use the name?

or he misses his friend who turned into a total douche canoe?

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

or he misses his friend who turned into a total douche canoe?

you don't have to give me crabs for everything jar. we all get that he misses the tom he met -- but the way he phrases it implies that even HE doesn't view this as blink, despite the name

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Philly, you look different. I crawled under a rock after you schooled me with your wicked rhymes

what rock? pangea would be too small to hide the gabagool container that is your fat ass.

get a vince russo Profile pic and i will tear you a new one. we gotta keep evolving

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, boxelder said:

you don't have to give me crabs for everything jar. we all get that he misses the tom he met -- but the way he phrases it implies that even HE doesn't view this as blink, despite the name

this is total fan-fic.  We all wish Tom had never imploded the band at the peak of their careers, but it happened and he did. 

I want blink to carry on and put out new albums and tour and play the old songs I love because I love blink-182 and I'd rather them exist in some less than perfect fashion than to not exist at all. 

I'm sure Mark feels the same.  The only person purely motivated by the dollar signs is Tom and that has been proven countless times.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Whoa interesting. Somebody mentioned this when it aired but I honestly thought they were probably making it up because it seemed so far fetched haha. Very strange!

I wasn’t making it up. I thought it was weird no one even acknowledged my post, seemed like a pretty big deal lol

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

this is total fan-fic.  We all wish Tom had never imploded the band at the peak of their careers, but it happened and he did. 

I want blink to carry on and put out new albums and tour and play the old songs I love because I love blink-182 and I'd rather them exist in some less than perfect fashion than to not exist at all. 

I'm sure Mark feels the same.  The only person purely motivated by the dollar signs is Tom and that has been proven countless times.

how is this fan fic? how else can you interpret what he's saying?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, boxelder said:

there was some talk about this a few days back, butttt... can anyone explain what the hell THIS was about?

the excitement in his voice seems to imply the current iteration of the band is not the same band... so why even use the name?

im glad they did the matt-182 thing

i still concur that "hey im sorry"

"heaven"

"misery"

"6/8"

"last train home"

"long lost feelings"

and now san diego

are all terrific songs that made the whole matt sk-182 worth all of it

had they took the best of california and the best of nine

ud prob have a realy standout record

that being said i think alot of the songs are extremly subpar and there cuz they couldnt do better

 

blink is a unique recipe that requires penis-mark penis-tom and travis to exist

mark knows that and that was his honnest self speaking when he said that thing in that soundbite

mark knows that the real blink is the reason of so much he has today and its hitting him hard when he thinks of it

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, boxelder said:

how is this fan fic? how else can you interpret what he's saying?

“Get the band back together” is a pretty common phrase it doesn’t just mean the literal definition. Most people use it when they’re nostalgic of a time with a certain group of people. Sounds like Mark just misses having fun with Tom and yes hat does include making music with him.

But it in no way means Mark has suddenly been lying for 5 years and is admitting he doesn’t consider the new era of blink as blink. That’s ridiculous. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

“Travis and I could tour as blink-182 if we wished. We could hire a new guitarist and hit the road. It would be our right, since Tom quit. Of course we have no plans to do that. Blink-182 was the three of us. The whole thing would be very disingenuous.“


no matter what Mark says nowadays, deep down he knows this last few years of blink are bullshit. 

  • Like 5
  • Crab 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Njdevils26 said:

“Travis and I could tour as blink-182 if we wished. We could hire a new guitarist and hit the road. It would be our right, since Tom quit. Of course we have no plans to do that. Blink-182 was the three of us. The whole thing would be very disingenuous.“


no matter what Mark says nowadays, deep down he knows this last few years of blink are bullshit. 

Not for Mark's bank account. 

  • Crab 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...