• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghent

• Donald Trump's Bulge

• Chewy030

• M!ke

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally got this painted up, I think it turned out pretty nice!  

holy fuck I'm shaking.  Producer calls me at 12:15 says he'll be calling back in about an hour.   Called at 1255 and it was Mark pretending to be the producer, I mentioned  how blink-182online wa

I’ve been dabbling in wood carving the last few months. This ones not done, but thought I would share

Posted Images

7 hours ago, boxelder said:

saw this. fan of SNL but man was that a weird sketch. i know mooney's whole thing is weird anti-comedy, but sometimes that works (bruce chandling) and often it doesn't... especially within the confines of the live sketch, which so depends on a willing audience to receive it. still, got a huge smile out of the EOTS poster haha. funny that's evocative of that era entirely

22 hours ago, boxelder said:

saw this. fan of SNL but man was that a weird sketch. i know mooney's whole thing is weird anti-comedy, but sometimes that works (bruce chandling) and often it doesn't... especially within the confines of the live sketch, which so depends on a willing audience to receive it. still, got a huge smile out of the EOTS poster haha. funny that's evocative of that era entirely

Haha I fucking love all things Kyle Mooney even when they don't land quite as well. But yeah his strange vibe works best in pre-recorded videos when it can be edited just right, other than Bruce Chandling who is one of my favorite SNL characters ever.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

Haha I fucking love all things Kyle Mooney even when they don't land quite as well. But yeah his strange vibe works best in pre-recorded videos when it can be edited just right, other than Bruce Chandling who is one of my favorite SNL characters ever.

yeah, his old YT vids were so great, and there’s been a handful of good moments on SNL. but he’s never really found his footing and it has been a LONG time. i’m surprised he’s even still there. guess the paycheck is nice. he made a movie some time back called brigsby bear that was weird but also touching? idk. he’s an interesting guy 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, boxelder said:

yeah, his old YT vids were so great, and there’s been a handful of good moments on SNL. but he’s never really found his footing and it has been a LONG time. i’m surprised he’s even still there. guess the paycheck is nice. he made a movie some time back called brigsby bear that was weird but also touching? idk. he’s an interesting guy 

Yup I love all the Good Neighbor vids and loved Brigsby Bear. Those guys just have such a bizarre wavelength but it hits me perfectly haha. I think there was a time a few years ago when they might have had more success leaving SNL to make their own Good Neighbor show, but Beck Bennett has really caught on so I think Kyle stays on since they're kind of a creative team together.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Gaslit Jan said:

That wasn't that funny but I love THPS and Blink.  Ever see this? Pretty solid, blink and THPS were the days, one made a glorious comeback...waiting on the other.

This is so old lol

11 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

They made Tom's guitars from 1998 into pins with the stickers too!

6j6zfp9lpgr51.jpg

https://www.upsmuck.com/product/td-red/

https://www.upsmuck.com/product/td-lp-black/

those are fun. two things: a.) they are using one of my tom pictures on the billabong page. b.) their website is a piece of shit. there is a facebook messenger chat bot anchored to the lower right which won't go away no matter how many times you close it. and it blocks part of the page, even when you scroll.

18 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

i don't know about from enema on, but we certainly thought of them only, and ever, as co-frontmen.

I'd say they were always pretty equivalent until Boxcar racer permanently fucked Mark's psyche with blink and Tom urged the band to different sounds on Untitled and then whatever you want to call Neighborhoods

5 hours ago, Gaslit Jan said:

I'd say they were always pretty equivalent until Boxcar racer permanently fucked Mark's psyche with blink and Tom urged the band to different sounds on Untitled and then whatever you want to call Neighborhoods

Tom was pushed to look like more of a front man from a marketing perspective with enema and onwards, I feel. He was the "attractive" one they banked on more, but it didn't make a difference artistically until BCR and onwards. 

• Like 1
  • Crab 1