Jump to content
 

The blink 182 general discussion topic


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Why would you think less of the artist? Just because you don’t like that said artists newer creations doesn’t mean that other people isn’t.

Idk, because I don't live in a bubble.  if someone's going to make some garbage ass remake, I'm not going to pretend to like it if it sucks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 83.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Ghent

    5013

  • Donald Trump's Bulge

    3424

  • Chewy030

    3133

  • M!ke

    3132

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally got this painted up, I think it turned out pretty nice!  

holy fuck I'm shaking.  Producer calls me at 12:15 says he'll be calling back in about an hour.   Called at 1255 and it was Mark pretending to be the producer, I mentioned  how blink-182online wa

I’ve been dabbling in wood carving the last few months. This ones not done, but thought I would share

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Jans Yang Wagon said:

Idk, because I don't live in a bubble.  if someone's going to make some garbage ass remake, I'm not going to pretend to like it if it sucks.

What do you mean that you don’t live in a bubble? What does that have anything to do with it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

What do you mean that you don’t live in a bubble? What does that have anything to do with it?

Jan thinks her opinion is the only one that matters and if she doesn’t like it then it’s bad and everybody that likes it is wrong and lies about liking it.

It’s just Jan’s misguided ego.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

What do you mean that you don’t live in a bubble? What does that have anything to do with it?

People who pretend that they love unnecessary sequels live in a bubble and don't want to admit that we've run out of material and peaked as a society.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jans Yang Wagon said:

People who pretend that they love unnecessary sequels live in a bubble and don't want to admit that we've run out of material and peaked as a society.

Why do you keep using "bubble". Have you always latched on to terms like this? You tend to find a phrase or word or colloquialism "of the week" and use it every chance you get. Is this something you've always done? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Jans Yang Wagon said:

Idk, because I don't live in a bubble.  if someone's going to make some garbage ass remake, I'm not going to pretend to like it if it sucks.

I’m not saying you have to like every new thing. I’m saying that if a new thing is bad it doesn’t have any effect on how good the old thing is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I’m not saying you have to like every new thing. I’m saying that if a new thing is bad it doesn’t have any effect on how good the old thing is.

I think it depends on the fan.  Sometimes it can hinder the past if it gets ugly enough or reveals too much formula.  Blink almost changed my perspective of Mark & Travis entirely with this California shit era but I've been able to separate it entirely as a different band and times of their lives.  Every artist is going to have their peak and their later career that is going to be different, unless they die (Nirvana, 2Pac), which isn't cool.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't buy the legacy argument, Green Day has put out garbage since Nimrod IMO and it doesn't change my mind on their older material or legacy at all. 15 crappy Jason movies aren't moving the needle on my thoughts of Friday the 13th. Coca-Cola trying a new flavor isn't ruining their classic drink. You get the point, what's great is great and stays that way. There is nothing to lose, and everything to gain. 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Jans Yang Wagon said:

People who pretend that they love unnecessary sequels live in a bubble and don't want to admit that we've run out of material and peaked as a society.

Why would people pretend to like something though? Don’t you think they just like it if they say they do? 
 

Do you believe that just because you don’t like something others have to share your views?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

I don't buy the legacy argument, Green Day has put out garbage since Nimrod IMO and it doesn't change my mind on their older material or legacy at all. 15 crappy Jason movies aren't moving the needle on my thoughts of Friday the 13th. Coca-Cola trying a new flavor isn't ruining their classic drink. You get the point, what's great is great and stays that way. There is nothing to lose, and everything to gain. 

To each their own, you know there's plenty on both sides here

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Why would people pretend to like something though? Don’t you think they just like it if they say they do? 

Do you believe that just because you don’t like something others have to share your views?

Because people live in denial and don't want to be negative. You're expectations are undoubtedly high and it's hard to see them crushed. Just look at the current era of star wars, you know how many people pretended to like that utter shit and then finally came out and said it's trash after the finale and years later from force awakens?

People definitely don't have to have the same views as me, my views are usually different, but people who like current blink california era or recent star wars are in denial

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Jans Yang Wagon said:

People definitely don't have to have the same views as me, my views are usually different, but people who like current blink california era or recent star wars are in denial

By saying this you do confirm that you think that anyone that doesn’t share your views are in the wrong and “in denial”.

Why is it that you don’t think that everyone has the right to their own opinion?

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Jans Yang Wagon said:

Wow you guys are so sick, never had any funny teenage insecurities when you were in middle school and high school! So you were one of the early neckbeard crew, congrats.

No one said that, Fonzarelli.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Say what you want about new Blink, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I just can't see an argument where California/Deluxe are in the same stratosphere, production-wise, as the Jerry Finn albums. Those albums sound so shallow and lack the depth/layers of a Jerry Finn album, where you can listen to songs 100 times and still notice new things. 

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ry-Bread said:

I don't buy the legacy argument, Green Day has put out garbage since Nimrod IMO and it doesn't change my mind on their older material or legacy at all. 15 crappy Jason movies aren't moving the needle on my thoughts of Friday the 13th. Coca-Cola trying a new flavor isn't ruining their classic drink. You get the point, what's great is great and stays that way. There is nothing to lose, and everything to gain. 

exactly!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...