Jump to content
 

The blink 182 general discussion topic


Ari
 Share

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, Cavalier Jan said:

I love our generation, we are all a bit sad/lazy but grew up on poop jokes and are light hearted and most importantly 10x better than thick boomers.

How old are you? Asking for @Feeling_This_1

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cavalier Jan said:

I love our generation, we are all a bit sad/lazy but grew up on poop jokes and are light hearted and most importantly 10x better than thick boomers.

Best part is poop jokes are still funny..Hell my kid is 7 and laughs any time someone including himself Farts... 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bet the 45+ year olds that were part of that study are the miserable cunts who thought blink were some shit boyband, not realising that blink were actually parodying pop bands and artists at the time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Bet the 45+ year olds that were part of that study are the miserable cunts who thought blink were some shit boyband, not realising that blink were actually parodying pop bands and artists at the time.

It’s satire..

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tbh, I've never even heard of the Hard Times before. I still stand by my opinion that a lot of the older generation have some kind of agenda against blink though. Been a few times I've heard people from 45+ years old put blink in with boybands rather than Green Day or Offspring.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Tbh, I've never even heard of the Hard Times before. I still stand by my opinion that a lot of the older generation have some kind of agenda against blink though. Been a few times I've heard people from 45+ years old put blink in with boybands rather than Green Day or Offspring.

I think they were aware of the satire-ish tone they just were jealous they never had a band like that. Being honest, all blink hates stemmed from jealousy or just hate popularity which they became.  ATST isn't even that poppy it's just catchy and got popular (it definitely has pop elements), if it was an unknown blink song it'd be so much differently looked at.

  • Like 1
  • Crab 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nosferatu said:

Tbh, I've never even heard of the Hard Times before. I still stand by my opinion that a lot of the older generation have some kind of agenda against blink though. Been a few times I've heard people from 45+ years old put blink in with boybands rather than Green Day or Offspring.

It's not an anti-blink joke, it's saying that their prime ended after the untitled album and nothing they've released since would make it onto a Greatest Hits album.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

It's not an anti-blink joke, it's saying that their prime ended after the untitled album and nothing they've released since would make it onto a Greatest Hits album.

Oh yeah, that part I wasn't talking about specifically haha. I do think Bored to Death should be on it since it was quite a successful single but no point in having a new greatest hits album if there's only gonna be one more new song

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

It's not an anti-blink joke, it's saying that their prime ended after the untitled album and nothing they've released since would make it onto a Greatest Hits album.

Yeah Patient, we get it, Nosferatu is doing satire of a reader not knowing satire articles smh.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Cavalier Jan said:

I think they were aware of the satire-ish tone they just were jealous they never had a band like that. Being honest, all blink hates stemmed from jealousy or just hate popularity which they became.  ATST isn't even that poppy it's just catchy and got popular (it definitely has pop elements), if it was an unknown blink song it'd be so much differently looked at.

yeah, I agree with this too. You wouldn't believe some of the comments I've heard in bars and pubs over here though if blink were ever mentioned. There was one guy that said "they're not really a real band" and was basically referring to them as a boy band or something haha

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Cavalier Jan said:

I think they were aware of the satire-ish tone they just were jealous they never had a band like that. Being honest, all blink hates stemmed from jealousy or just hate popularity which they became.  ATST isn't even that poppy it's just catchy and got popular (it definitely has pop elements), if it was an unknown blink song it'd be so much differently looked at.

Lol ATST is poppy as fuck 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Cavalier Jan said:

According to your edginess.

You just have horrible senses and knowledge. It’s poppy as fuck dude you just don’t know shit. That’s okay tho I love you nonetheless 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

yeah, I agree with this too. You wouldn't believe some of the comments I've heard in bars and pubs over here though if blink were ever mentioned. There was one guy that said "they're not really a real band" and was basically referring to them as a boy band or something haha

Let’s be realistic here. Can’t be mad at people for having that opinion. They pretty much were like a boy band during the enema days, and were certainly marketed by the label as such. Mark and Tom have both openly acknowledged this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...