Jump to content
 

The blink 182 general discussion topic


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Love Tom, would tickle his testes.

To be fair, you only like Tom because it goes a bit against the grain here so it fits your edgelord status. I'd be shocked if you actually think Tom is cool or listen to his music

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 83.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Ghent

    5010

  • Donald Trump's Bulge

    3424

  • Chewy030

    3133

  • M!ke

    3132

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally got this painted up, I think it turned out pretty nice!  

holy fuck I'm shaking.  Producer calls me at 12:15 says he'll be calling back in about an hour.   Called at 1255 and it was Mark pretending to be the producer, I mentioned  how blink-182online wa

I’ve been dabbling in wood carving the last few months. This ones not done, but thought I would share

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Ghent said:

To be fair, you only like Tom because it goes a bit against the grain here so it fits your edgelord status. I'd be shocked if you actually think Tom is cool or listen to his music

Tom has been my favorite member since day one, bud. I love most of his work with blink, Boxcar and really enjoyed Whisper and the new AvA songs. To the Stars, the Love movie and the in-between AvA albums were low points but I wasn't dumb enough to shell out money for that shit and I generally ignored them. I'm a pretty happy camper here in Camp Wannabangtom. 

I like what he does and I like his sense of humor. You really should step away from the tabloid/drama shit, it just resorts to you calling everyone out with hyperbolic nonsense. It's okay to just like things without a social commentary behind it.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Texas Toast said:

I know! I've always wondered how much in royalties he gets. The thing is he probably has seen the most of that in the past, it's not like anything from Dude Ranch or prior is still played on the radio much anymore. (I'm sure Dammit gets a few spins each year, but nothing compared to their singles from Enema and beyond). So I am sure he had a nice payday when retroactive album sales happened for Chesire Cat and Dude Ranch after Enema's success, but those sales are done now. I'm sure he probably gets a small amount from Spotify streams for the albums he was on, but artists don't get shit from Spotify as it is, so I doubt he gets much. But I would be really interested to hear these details and the rest of his story and perspective. it is a shame he hasn't spoken. Maybe we should start a fundraiser to get him to speak? Every man has a price! 

There was an interview where he said he gets a royalty check twice a year and, as you said, I'm sure Dammit’ is his main earner in terms of royalties.

A few years ago though I read an article about the Foo Fighters' first drummer who gets $4000 every six months for two songs on the band's first album and even if FF is a bigger band, Dammit is definitely a bigger hit so who knows if it's more or less than $4000 for Scott. My guess would be he gets something like that twice a year by now because he has writing credits on more than two songs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt he makes enough to live on from royalties. It'd more than likely be a nice little bonus on top of a day job. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Elisa said:

There was an interview where he said he gets a royalty check twice a year and, as you said, I'm sure Dammit’ is his main earner in terms of royalties.

A few years ago though I read an article about the Foo Fighters' first drummer who gets $4000 every six months for two songs on the band's first album and even if FF is a bigger band, Dammit is definitely a bigger hit so who knows if it's more or less than $4000 for Scott. My guess would be he gets something like that twice a year by now because he has writing credits on more than two songs.

Yea that sounds about right. I am sure he received a decent chunk of change back when Enema exploded though. Hopefully he invested it well. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I doubt he makes enough to live on from royalties. It'd more than likely be a nice little bonus on top of a day job. 

That's why he should pimp himself out to the interview circuit! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ghent said:

You'd think after all this time he would sign up for Instagram or Twitter or something and start talking a bit about his blink years. Did they gag order him Ryan Sinn style or what?

There is probably more to explore here.

Now it's pretty safe to assume that the only reason he never spoke about the band is because before he left he signed an NDA or something like that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Now it's pretty safe to assume that the only reason he never spoke about the band is because before he left he signed an NDA or something like that. 

Yeah that sounds plausible 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Texas Toast said:

That's why he should pimp himself out to the interview circuit! 

I don't think that's gonna be the lucrative market you think it is ... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Elisa said:

There was an interview where he said he gets a royalty check twice a year and, as you said, I'm sure Dammit’ is his main earner in terms of royalties.

A few years ago though I read an article about the Foo Fighters' first drummer who gets $4000 every six months for two songs on the band's first album and even if FF is a bigger band, Dammit is definitely a bigger hit so who knows if it's more or less than $4000 for Scott. My guess would be he gets something like that twice a year by now because he has writing credits on more than two songs.

Even though it’s nothing in the scope of the other guys, that is still a decent reward for something you haven’t so much as acknowledged in 20+ years.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they paid him off though. Could explain why he’s never talked. And since Tom did it that way with Ryan Sinn it wouldn’t be unprecedented behavior for them

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

in some other thread there was a really old scott interview where he said he didn't sell his rights to the pre enema songs.

as a result of peak blink success, im sure buddha through dude ranch all sold millions of CDs. scott probably got a decent chunk of money from that. i'd guess that he eventually sold it off like tom did, though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I don't think that's gonna be the lucrative market you think it is ... 

lol no I know that ship has sailed. He should have in the early 2000s though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

in some other thread there was a really old scott interview where he said he didn't sell his rights to the pre enema songs.

as a result of peak blink success, im sure buddha through dude ranch all sold millions of CDs. scott probably got a decent chunk of money from that. i'd guess that he eventually sold it off like tom did, though. 

Yea he def got a decent chunk of change from those albums sales surging by default once everyone discovered blink after enema. If he played his cards right I’m sure it was enough to at least buy a home and make some decent investments. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wannabe corn dog said:

either you're trolling or you genuinely don't know anything about pre-enema blink history.  

🙄 nobody knows shit about the Scott situation, don’t act like you do.

I haven’t bought the “he drank too much” excuse since I was like 16

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's weird how some posters, namely Ghent, shit talk members once they're out of the band. Let's be real, only idiots adhere to this sort of tribalism mentality. Get civilized bro 

  • Crab 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cum said:

It's weird how some posters, namely Ghent, shit talk members once they're out of the band. Let's be real, only idiots adhere to this sort of tribalism mentality. Get civilized bro 

😂Don’t try to pass my reaction to Tom’s antics onto innocent ex-members

Scott has the potential to be an interesting character. I’d genuinely like to know what he’s like, what his beliefs are, thoughts on blink, possible regrets, etc. Nobody knows a thing about the guy, it’s crazy for someone who was in a band as big as blink.

The dude might be in the R&R HOF someday and has barely spoken a word about the band since he was kicked out.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ghent said:

🙄 nobody knows shit about the Scott situation, don’t act like you do.

I haven’t bought the “he drank too much” excuse since I was like 16

anyone who read tales beneath your mom knows that they were all friends. he was credited for songwriting on all of those albums. tom and scott founded the band. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

anyone who read tales beneath your mom knows that they were all friends. he was credited for songwriting on all of those albums. tom and scott founded the band. 

I was reading Tales from Beneath Your Mom while waiting for Napster porn to download when you were still on your moms tit

C’mon Kevin 

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...