The blink 182 general discussion topic

Ari

3 minutes ago, thongrider said:

I think people tried to cancel them in 1999.

I remember my church had posters up of blink, Eminem, and probably limp bizkit or something like that and it was under a big display of something along the lines of “do you know what your kids are listening to?” LOL 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

I remember my church had posters up of blink, Eminem, and probably limp bizkit or something like that and it was under a big display of something along the lines of “do you know what your kids are listening to?” LOL 

I liked significant other.

1 hour ago, Patient #48273 said:

I'm actually very surprised that someone hasn't dug up a bunch of their old stage banter and joke songs in an effort to cancel them.

I think the fact that basically all of it is either self depreciation or obviously OTT to be ridiculous, would make it pointless.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kay said:

I think the fact that basically all of it is either self depreciation or obviously OTT to be ridiculous, would make it pointless.

Yea, none of the things they ever did or said was malicious towards anyone else or group of people. I guess the only thing people could try to argue about is making gay jokes, but blink has clearly been on the right side of history when it comes to supporting minority groups and rights, so I just don’t think anyone will ever bother 

2 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

Yea, none of the things they ever did or said was malicious towards anyone else or group of people. I guess the only thing people could try to argue about is making gay jokes, but blink has clearly been on the right side of history when it comes to supporting minority groups and rights, so I just don’t think anyone will ever bother 

They shit on everything and everyone else, what makes gay jokes so special?!

7 minutes ago, Speedo said:

They shit on everything and everyone else, what makes gay jokes so special?!

I don’t know I don’t know what else anybody would have a leg to stand on trying to get them cancelled, do you?

1 minute ago, FAPLORD said:

I don’t know I don’t know what else anybody would have a leg to stand on trying to get them cancelled, do you?

Retard jokes, midget jokes, pedophile jokes, incest jokes, transvestite jokes ... personally, I have no problem with any of it but plenty of people do.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Retard jokes, midget jokes, pedophile jokes, incest jokes, transvestite jokes ... personally, I have no problem with any of it but plenty of people do.

Ok well the gay jokes were the first thing that popped up in my mind. Please forgive me. 

also, I was watching blinks performance of WMAA in Chicago 2001 on YouTube and at the end Mark yells “I like to fuck 14 year olds!” Lol. Thankfully Tom saves the day by clarifying “that was just a joke, he doesn’t really like to have sex with 14 year olds.” 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Speedo said:

incest jokes

As if anyone without blue blood actually did that.

"If you're anything like me you run around in your sisters underwear trying to seduce your cousin" -

The king of norway,probably 

one thing that has never ceased to be funny to me is that, many times i'm sure, a young teenage boy or girl that had no interest in punk rock heard ATST on the radio, and bought tickets to a blink concert. they might've gone with a parent. and when they got there, not only was the band filthy, but gloriously so: completely juvenile banter, questionable improvised songs, swapped-lyrics about gay sex, etc, etc.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, boxelder said:

one thing that has never ceased to be funny to me is that, many times i'm sure, a young teenage boy or girl that had no interest in punk rock heard ATST on the radio, and bought tickets to a blink concert. they might've gone with a parent. and when they got there, not only was the band filthy, but gloriously so: completely juvenile banter, questionable improvised songs, swapped-lyrics about gay sex, etc, etc.

Oh yea, I recall Tom saying how he’d see it at every show…they’d start with family reunion, or the giant fuck sign, or whatever it may have been and all of a sudden he’d see a bunch of parents immediately walking their kids out lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, boxelder said:

a young teenage boy or girl that had no interest in punk rock heard ATST on the radio, and bought tickets to a blink concert.

this is basically what led me to stop seeing the band live.

• Crab 1

2 hours ago, daveyjones said:

this is basically what led me to stop seeing the band live.

This thing happened to Rise Against as well when they hit big back in 2010/2011 (at least in Sweden) with hero of war and people thought they were a radio rock band. 

Their answer? Opened the concert with chamber the cartridge and state of the union. You could definitely tell who in the crowd that thought they were a Nickelback lite by their terrified faces haha

2 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

yea and i'm not trying to crab. it just wasn't my scene anymore. i was too old.

And think, you have seen them so many times that you had to stop. I've never gotten the chance to see them live, not even any blink related band. 

I've seen Danko Jones live when they had Atom on drums, that's the closest to blink I've gotten 😂