Jump to content
 

The blink 182 general discussion topic


Ari
 Share

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

yea and i'm not trying to crab. it just wasn't my scene anymore. i was too old.

Yea for sure. For me I was 13 when I first heard them so and 15 when I first saw them live in 2001. I fit right in though because I was a trouble maker already smoking a lot of weed at the shows, I certainly didn’t have my parents take me lol. There were definitely a lot of teeny boppers around them at that time and that even turned me off then, can definitely imagine how you would have felt. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yeah i’ll never forget that night. i must’ve listened to UAN a hundred times. back then, i was on 182online. i knew the song wasn’t great right away but i was still just so overjoyed to hear mark and tom singing together. i guess in moments like those, or in light of mark’s recent news, all notions of constructive criticism or thought disappear and you just revert to being a fanboy. i was just so stoked for it, and for the band.

and i still like the riff too, the song just doesn’t work. fun to remember. enjoyed seeing stryker at KROQ’s video too; clear he is a massive fan

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, boxelder said:

yeah i’ll never forget that night. i must’ve listened to UAN a hundred times. back then, i was on 182online. i knew the song wasn’t great right away but i was still just so overjoyed to hear mark and tom singing together. i guess in moments like those, or in light of mark’s recent news, all notions of constructive criticism or thought disappear and you just revert to being a fanboy. i was just so stoked for it, and for the band.

and i still like the riff too, the song just doesn’t work. fun to remember. enjoyed seeing stryker at KROQ’s video too; clear he is a massive fan

I remember being "hmm, this is a bit too AVA for me" and then the chorus broke and I just cried like a little girl because blinks back, yay! 

And I'll never have that feeling again lol

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Kay said:

I remember being "hmm, this is a bit too AVA for me" and then the chorus broke and I just cried like a little girl because blinks back, yay! 

And I'll never have that feeling again lol

Yeah I remember thinking “this sounds like the best AVA song ever.”

I still think it sounds like AVA but I don’t think it sounds like the best AVA ever. It’s a good blink song that’s not a great single and always sounds bad live. Mid-tier for me.

Still, the excitement of getting that song can’t be topped!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Always rated Up All Night but it was a strange choice for a single as it's not exactly a catchy and chart topping type song.

I also didn't get too much AVA vibes outside of that spacey effect in the verses. Literally everything else in the song sounds like blink & BCR to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Always rated Up All Night but it was a strange choice for a single as it's not exactly a catchy and chart topping type song.

I also didn't get too much AVA vibes outside of that spacey effect in the verses. Literally everything else in the song sounds like blink & BCR to me.

I don't get so much AVA vibes either more than it sounds like Toms songwriting which most connect with AVA. If we compare Toms songs he used for neighborhoods and the songs he used for love pt1 we can clearly hear that he tried to make the blink songs more "raw" or "angsty" or whatever with more power chords and stuff

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, twentytwenty said:

I don't get so much AVA vibes either more than it sounds like Toms songwriting which most connect with AVA. If we compare Toms songs he used for neighborhoods and the songs he used for love pt1 we can clearly hear that he tried to make the blink songs more "raw" or "angsty" or whatever with more power chords and stuff

Yeah good point about the Love Part 1 album. Flight of Apollo has similar vibes with the post hardcore styled riff and that space effect as well but despite that, both songs sound completely different

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sharing this episode of the Warped Life Podcast with Kevin Lyman because it talks about Hurley, Billabong and of course the early years of Blink with Rick Devoe!

Featuring:

Bob Hurley - Founder of Hurley Apparel

Paul Gomez - Hurley Vice President of Marketing (1998-2011)

Rick Devoe - Manager of Blink-182 (1995-2015)

Dylan Flynn - Founder of Pass the Bass

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Holly Crap, Im more a Scott than Travis fan but wow, this beat Travis does at 4:46 (more or less) was soooooo awesome. Very simple but aaaah. That was good. (but watch the whole song to get that vibe haha)
Recently uploaded video, btw

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, saco0o said:

Holly Crap, Im more a Scott than Travis fan but wow, this beat Travis does at 4:46 (more or less) was soooooo awesome. Very simple but aaaah. That was good. (but watch the whole song to get that vibe haha)
Recently uploaded video, btw

 

Lol I will never understand the folks who say Scott is faster than Travis. I understand the people who prefer blinks albums with Scott because they prefer that more straightforward style of “punk rock.” But there are plenty who’ve argued over the years that Scott was faster than Travis which is simply not true. He just doesn’t play the same beats over and over, and he can definitely play anything Scott can faster and more precise. There’s really no debate in that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Speedo said:

Screenshot-20210716-093301-Instagram.jpg

This is the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen. And I have no clue who that guy is. Nice attempt at being funny Brendan please try again

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FAPLORD said:

Lol I will never understand the folks who say Scott is faster than Travis. I understand the people who prefer blinks albums with Scott because they prefer that more straightforward style of “punk rock.” But there are plenty who’ve argued over the years that Scott was faster than Travis which is simply not true. He just doesn’t play the same beats over and over, and he can definitely play anything Scott can faster and more precise. There’s really no debate in that. 

Wait, what? Me? I never said "Scott plays faster than Travis" haha.
Im just into more those old songs. I know Travis is a f*cking GOD on drums but I have never been into his beats like most of fans. But that part was Reaaaally cool to listen!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, saco0o said:

Wait, what? Me? I never said "Scott plays faster than Travis" haha.
Im just into more those old songs. I know Travis is a f*cking GOD on drums but I have never been into his beats like most of fans. But that part was Reaaaally cool to listen!

I know you didn’t say that mane.  I emphasized how I understand how people prefer the Scott era as you do, I was just eluding to arguments I’ve seen on here over the years, YouTube, etc , about Scott being faster. Sorry if it seemed I was coming at you because I wasn’t at all my dude 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

This is the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen. And I have no clue who that guy is. Nice attempt at being funny Brendan please try again

You okay?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...