The blink 182 general discussion topic

Ari

6 hours ago, raw_sounds said:

Buddah´s Carousel also rocks, might be better than Chesire´s

The Mark, Tom, and Travis Show version is superior to any other version 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FAPLORD said:

The Mark, Tom, and Travis Show version is superior to any other version 

That is true to all of the songs on there though.

11 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

mark just played all of enema on the bass live on twitch. fun times.

I've never really understood the thing with watching someone play bass (or any instrument) along to a stereo. But I don't get there guitar/bass covers on YouTube that is the same thing either so it's probably just me that is a boring person.

If he would play acoustic renditions of the songs live on twitch I would view it differently though

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

That is true to all of the songs on there though.

I've never really understood the thing with watching someone play bass (or any instrument) along to a stereo. But I don't get there guitar/bass covers on YouTube that is the same thing either so it's probably just me that is a boring person.

If he would play acoustic renditions of the songs live on twitch I would view it differently though

It's nice to see how some things are played. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

yea that's my interest. seeing the subtitles of technique. especially since i've only seen the band live twice in the modern era.

Were you therealdaveyjones on the stream? Thought I had spotted a celebrity 🤘🏻

1 hour ago, m0z182 said:

Were you therealdaveyjones on the stream? Thought I had spotted a celebrity 🤘🏻

yes i am the_real_daveyjones on twitch and daveyjones on the HMNIM discord. "daveyjones" was taken on twitch.

5 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I actually prefer most Mark Tom and Travis Show tracks to the normal album versions haha. The pre-Enema tracks especially.

Loads of people seem to, but I really don't. They're great versions don't get me wrong, but idk - they don't hold up for me. 

• Like 3

On 8/10/2021 at 10:06 PM, Cheerios4u98 said:

rough demos are cool to listen to but there isn't a single blink-182 demo that sounds better than the final album track imo.

with that said, a while ago I sloppily put vocals over that demo just to get an idea of what it might have sounded like:

Thanks for doing this so I can know the real song is better lol.

• Haha 1

On 8/10/2021 at 9:06 PM, Cheerios4u98 said:

rough demos are cool to listen to but there isn't a single blink-182 demo that sounds better than the final album track imo.

imo every single song on dude ranch that has an earlier version, the earlier one is better. every one.

33 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

imo every single song on dude ranch that has an earlier version, the earlier one is better. every one.

Earlier versions and demos aren’t the same to me. Official releases of different versions of the same song are cool. I know for Dude Ranch there were songs on it that had been released before in other forms. But I can’t think of an actual demo that I’ve enjoyed more than an official release. I do still enjoy listening to them though, it’s fun to compare the demos to the final versions and pick out what changed.