Jump to content
 

The blink 182 general discussion topic


Ari
 Share

Recommended Posts

Travis was on SNL for real tonight playing with Young Thug. No idea who that is but the songs were cool.

Fuck Laura Jane Grace lol, very odd attack. Travis has been doing the same thing for 20 years and a lot of what he’s done has been irrelevant. He kept doing what he wants and didn’t give a shit. Now he’s having major success so it’s bringing out the haters.

Honestly it’s pathetic. Especially the blink “fans” shitting on him. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Scott. said:

She’s just jealous that Travis is still relevant and she’s a fucking nobody. Famous for chopping her dick off, well done. 

Transphobia really isn’t relevant to the discussion. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Dylan_ said:

How does one play drums like an asshole?

I heard many drummers say that as much as they love Travis, he modeled a super incorrect drumming posture that way too many people emulate and they eventually have to unlearn.

I don't know if this is what LJG meant, but it's the only critique I've always heard regarding the way he plays. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think she meant his playing style. At least I'd hope not.. That shit is still cool, signature blink vibes.

Tom playing guitar lower than 90% of the population was also cool. That doesn't make them assholes. The things they do outside of music makes them assholes. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think travis looked cooler when he was younger, nowadays he just looks douchey, but if that is because of social media as opposed to before I don't know.

I feel mark is the one that looks best/most comfortable/most relaxed on stage these days

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can’t believe a guy who named his company Famous, collects Cadillacs, and had a reality TV show on MTV enjoys fame..

And as for drumming technique or whatever, no one ever scolded Tom for hanging his guitar to his knees. It looked cool, who cares?

Mercenary chasing $$? He always prioritizes his main band, but loves working with other artists. He has work ethic mixed with love of drumming, why is that something to shit on?

Very odd flex from Laura Jane Grace

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Can’t believe a guy who named his company Famous, collects Cadillacs, and had a reality TV show on MTV enjoys fame..

And as for drumming technique or whatever, no one ever scolded Tom for hanging his guitar to his knees. It looked cool, who cares?

Mercenary chasing $$? He always prioritizes his main band, but loves working with other artists. He has work ethic mixed with love of drumming, why is that something to shit on?

Very odd flex from Laura Jane Grace

She’s always been a little hot headed tbh. I doubt she thought much about it, just shit talked and then went “ah fuck I shouldn’tve said that” then deleted it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Kay said:

She’s always been a little hot headed tbh. I doubt she thought much about it, just shit talked and then went “ah fuck I shouldn’tve said that” then deleted it.

Fair enough. Pretty aggressive shit to come out of nowhere though

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Fair enough. Pretty aggressive shit to come out of nowhere though

Well it's probably because he's still relevant with the newer young artists he's producing.

If he hadn't been doing anything then it'd be really random.

Still random.

Drummers are drummers. Since when are they the heart of a band? They all hop around filling in and stuff. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Ghent said:

Honestly it’s pathetic. Especially the blink “fans” shitting on him. 

go join ry bread if you can't handle people on here finding travis's publicity stunts to be lame. it's mild criticism at best. 

the guy is nearly 50 years old. every day the world is greeted with a heavily photoshopped image of him shoving his tongue down a reality tv star's throat. 

it's just yet another thing that kills the memories i had of this band growing up. 

  • Like 1
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...